Hanging Pair of ICEpower 250A from 1000ASP

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2005
Paid Member
Hey all, I think I know the answer, but thought to ask the experts here...

I know the two hanger voltages off the 1000ASP (for 500A and 1000A) is too high to hang a pair of 250a modules, but can you series connect two 250a (min 29V max 50V) off the 80V pin? Each 250a would get 40V.

Please go easy on me with your answers!!

Disabled Account
Joined 2008
No you can not, and there are tons of reasons. One is that both modules need to be referenced to PSU ground at the 1000ASP. Also imagine what will happen when one of the hanger modules start to deliver output power while the other module is in idle...

A solution could be to build a 50V regulator off the 80V supply, but you will waste a lot of power that way.

Joined 2005
Paid Member
Yup...I thought so...I have two pairs of the 250A and would love to just a pair on my 1000A Bi-amp project, but doesn't seem possible...a regulator seems to be too much work...

Actually, I have someone begging me to sell him the pair of 500A's I have, and really don't think I really need the 500A's on the HF panels of my Tympani's (250A's should work fine)....thus the challenge of trying to make something else I have work...

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.