JL AMP E1400D powers up but heardly no sound - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 25th December 2011, 04:29 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Smile JL AMP E1400D powers up but heardly no sound

Hi my name is Joey i have here is a JL AMP model E1400D. It powers up but very little sound coming out of the speaker terminals. I would like to fix it and learn on this amp. Today i bought a power converter power the amp up went from protect to green power and stays on but very little sound. i open the amp up and i seen nothing burned on the board but i didn't remove the heat sinks. Any help would be great for me to learn on this amp b/c i'm willing to learn. Thank you
Old 25th December 2011, 10:18 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

K i power up the amp test for voltage on the output speakers 0.006v's so i'm asuming thats a good thing. the amp model is a JL AMP E1400D it never shuts down and never turns to protect mode Green lights are on The Power light is green and so are 4 other LED that are turn on to the only other ones that are not on are looks like one on the driver board and there is a set of four of them in a row that are not on by the driver board any help would be great
Old 26th December 2011, 03:40 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Default JL AUDIO E1400D AMP

To anybody out there i have here a JL Audio Amp E1400D mono amp. Powers on and it doesn't overheat, vary vary low sound coming out out 1/2 way gain up. tested the speaker out puts i got reading 0.006 Does anybody have any idea of what should be done next? And this amp does not have a preamp board it has a driver board. thanks for looking

Hide this!Advertise here!