classdaudio vs hypex

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Marcus,
I have an sds 470 and considering improving power supply and other caps. I looked at your picture and see you have added quite a lot of capacitance. Can you share a little more information about the values of capacitors you are using. Also on my amp board I have 4 x 560 uF 100v caps. Not so easy to find high quality replacements for these. Did you come across these on your amplifier board.

Thanks

Hi,
you are right, 100v caps not so easy to find. I have a SDS254 with supplied by +45V makes it easier.
May be you could use some Panasonic FC 680µV/100V, also on the bottom side of the SDS Board in parallel to the other supply C's. Which Values are on the SDS470 ?

May be you want also do some other Mod's, i strongly recommend following :

1. !! Replace the couple C between input stage and IRS2092 IC with Elna Silmic II

2. Replace the Bootstrap C of the input stage also by Silmic II

3. Replace Supply C of the 15V by Panasonic FC / FR

4. !! or better, a real game changer for more details, replace the onboard +-15V R/Z-Diode supply of input stage by an external low noise power supply.

Regards
Marcus

Last edited:
Attached a picture of my current setup with external Power Supply, additional Transformer (and motorized ALPS Pot as Volume Control)

I highly recommend an external Power Supply, it's not that much difficult to implement. I could never live without again :)

Attachments

• 20160127_231715_kl.jpg
    20160127_231715_kl.jpg
    900.4 KB · Views: 364
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.