Chinese Tripath TA2020-020's?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello people...

I apologize if this is not the right place to ask this question, but seen how many people here mention the Tripath TA2020 I hope some of you may help...

I'm repairing an amplifier that includes three TA2020-020. So far I think one of them is burned, but the protection circuit is preventing the other two from working. Worst case scenario right now is two TA2020 and a few discrete components have to be replaced.

I've seen the listing on ebay for the TA2020-020 and things look too good to be true, but reading how many recent comments are here about TA202X-based amps and the apparent good performance you get from them, I'm almost ready to take the plunge and order a couple of them. But before I do: does anybody know if the ICs being sold are really TA2020 (even if counterfeits)? Do they at least *behave* as the original stuff?

TIA

I can't comment on the quality of the chips but I'm pretty sure that they are genuine.

My guess is that the research & development needed to build a chip that can perform like the TA2020 makes the production of counterfeits inviable economically .

[]'s

That's the problem :D

The seller with the best ratings has a few negative feedback, including a couple that say the ICs were fake. Also, the image used on the listing has been photoshopped, as proven by one of members of this forum not long ago. Still, that seller has a good rating (99.3% positive or something like that).

Oh well... :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.