Advice on amp? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd November 2011, 03:10 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Advice on amp?

Hi,

I am currently setting up a new system, currently I have a Rega RP1 turntable and a set of B&O Rl-45 Speakers.

I have a few options for a pre-amp, but where I am stuck is with the actual amplifier. After some googling and checking on eBay I became interested in the amplifiers with the TA2024 and TA2020 chip-set. Does any one have any advice on whether is a good route to go down with the amplifier and which chipset would best suit my setup? Or should I be looking at something totally different or second hand.

Also of the models that are available with these chipsets, which ones are better. A few I have noticed are the Sonic Impact TA2024, HLLY TAMP-20 and Sure and Muse models.

Cheers,
Paul
Old 23rd November 2011, 10:33 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

The TK2050 chipset is a later generation from Tripath that sounds noticeably better - in my opinion. (This is coming from someone who LOVES the sound of the TA2024 and TA2020!)

I have very good experience with the 41Hz.com Amp4 kit: 41Hz Audio:AMP4 kit

If I were looking to buy a ready-made board, I'd take the Hifimediy T4, although I haven't seen nor auditioned one: Hifimediy T4 2 x 180W@8ohm amplifier|Hifimediy

Hide this!Advertise here!