Anthem M1 ... interesting

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Take a look at the new M1 mono amp
M1 Monaural Amplifier - Welcome to the New Official Anthem® Audio Video Website.

Looks very nice, though somewhat complex for "only" 1000W in 8 ohm. It looks like, having 8 output fets in a full bridge configuration.

Most of the enclosure seems to be filled with the PFC and SMPS.

I don´t understand the statement:
"The proprietary design employs all of the advantages of a Class D amplifier — high output, high efficiency, compact size — while avoiding the typical Class D limitations such as difficulty driving low-impedance (high-end) speakers, power line contamination, reliability issues and substandard audio quality"

Driving low impedance loads is one of the normal advantages with class-d, I would say! :confused:

Attachments

• Anthem M1.jpg
    Anthem M1.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 156
part of the statment is marketing BS, some of it could be true, like PFC does help, driving low impedance speakers is also a problem (can be). high voltages and low impedances don't mix so good in most designs, while this is by far the best thing class D can do

but didn't think I would already see heat pipes in such app's

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.