AudioPower (DPA-400) Sound pressure improvements?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
DPA-400 is looking really good.

Thank RainTalk.

The "F2" version (for guitar bass,sub etc as i said before).

as you see, AP declare the rms power output Vs the lowest load in accordance with good performances. This means that the amps are much more generous in power. "F2" is declared 600w (4R) at 0.04% of thd, right for example. F2 height=30mm (ref to pcb)
well...need F3 a this point :)

Attachments

• DPA-400-F2-j2.jpg
    DPA-400-F2-j2.jpg
    320.9 KB · Views: 273
Last edited:
Hi AP2
greetings what core you use in output inductor looks like SENDUST material core
two parallel cores in the picture above
warm regards
andrew lebon
Hi,
first of all it is my duty to say that these results are the product of a collaboration with other engineers in MDI Team.
For toroids output, after testing with 16Amp output, under many aspects of behavior (all toroids available in the market), including the wire to be used and the way of winding. I got what I needed, with original AMIDON, solid wire (2x), so I excluded FERRITES couple or as other multi wired.

This product includes all of our experience, especially on the definition of high band already obtained perfectly with the SDA-400 as AB Class. but it would not be possible to get this incredible new performance in the dynamics without another long study called "DPS-500/600" ;)

Regards

Last edited:
Yes I see Thank you! I sent you a email because I want to order four module but The delivery system can't accept it.
Well...at this low price make provisions for the winter? haha! sorry, joke.
I hope that's diy consider that AP wants to promote this product, and that is why he decided to duplicate the "F1" as F3. I see no other reasons.
-----------------------------

simple curiosity, why 4 units? how you intend to use this amplifier in the system?

Regards

Hi,
I would like to thank , also on behalf of the staff of AP, all customers who have placed their trust, buying 38 amps "F3" in five days, even before the presentation of the datasheet. We are proud of this achievement.
will be others to say, innovation and superiority of this product.

Regards

And a US compatible voltage version!
For this, we have resolved in some other way.
Sorry for OT:
We are awaiting the arrival of a new module (without smps on board). so we can offer this new + DPS-500 (goes very well at 110Vac) or you can power with transformer (if you think it's better).
As new DPA-series, this module is an exact copy of our DXA-600. only changes the modulator (in part). if you look carefully the section "Amp" of DPA-400/600 with DXA, see exactly the same, including chip and layers.
I show that this is the new DXA (not self Oscillating), as a section of the DPA-xx. qty printed and full test are ready, it should be available in 30 days...hope! :)

P.S. version present on site, is not this new version.

Regards

Attachments

• New DXA-600.jpg
    New DXA-600.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 207
Last edited:
sent you PM and email mate, i'm having troubles with my internet service provider, dont think my email got through, but see PM, or perhaps if you send me an email I will be able to reply without being refused. new amp is looking good mate, the DXA has always looked interesting, you got around the issue preventing sale by changing design a bit?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.