AudioPower (DPA-400) Sound pressure improvements?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The radical change of "type of product" means that you won't be in the "audio fields" anymore?

The radical change refers to the location, the presence of new retailers in Europe for new finished products in the high end.
in the audio industry, we will be present in the software dedicated to our amplifiers, dsp etc.
MDI has detached itself from AudioPower, which then will have a new tim in development.

Regards

Hi Roberto,
I hope everything is OK with this change. :)
These are definitely some interesting products.
I hope regular DIYer like myself will still have access to these.
At the same time, I'm really looking forward to see what commercial products you come up with.
Best of luck!

Ok roberto but When I need some information about the 4 DPA-400 I bought, Do I ask to you or AUDIOPOWER?
Hi, a warm greeting from Italy!
About DPA-400/F3 data, are certainly available, however you can send the request to support, will answer very quickly.
--------------------------------------
Regarding the availability of DPA-400/F3, arrived 40pcs, tomorrow will update the shop.
-------------------------------------
I have a good curiosity to know of some customers who have tried this amp, I know some who are in this forum.
...I hope you have heard an excellent sound definition and new realism on the dynamics.

Regards

Hi Roberto.

I have very nice word to say but I won't post it while the AUDIOPOWER website is blacklisted by google and with very few information on the webshop. The fact is that the situation is a litthe confused and if I take some time to post a review, i want this to be USEFULL. A Hacked website and no information ruin any desire to promote these amp which are very innovative I think!

I think that all DPA-400 users think the same that's why we don't see any review yet.

----------------------------

I ask Three time to audiopower for the datasheet and never get answers

Hi Roberto.

I have very nice word to say but I won't post it while the AUDIOPOWER website is blacklisted by google and with very few information on the webshop. The fact is that the situation is a litthe confused and if I take some time to post a review, i want this to be USEFULL. A Hacked website and no information ruin any desire to promote these amp which are very innovative I think!

I think that all DPA-400 users think the same that's why we don't see any review yet.

----------------------------

I ask Three time to audiopower for the datasheet and never get answers
Hi, I agree.
Our webmaster has already informed Google that the site has been cleaned, waiting to post the new site. unfortunately the black list, refers to the old site AUDIOPOWER, and not the current graphics screen. I would add that there is no problem on the shop or on email.
Unfortunately, the removal from the black list, it is not immediate (Google responded 3 weeks). all this thanks to a nice bastard inside... I know well :)
Please, send a datasheet request, to support-AP

Best Regards
Roberto

Hi,
Updated version of the datasheet (DPA-400/F-3)

AudioPower-site info:
all messages "warning" on google have been removed.
The new software, I think it will be online Monday.
The new "attacks" will be unnecessary, the new software contains (absolutely new for the first time), a "algo robot" that is capable of self recovery in 10 min. any new entry not authorized :)

During the next week, I'll put in this thread, the first part of the documentation (with new measures and comparisons) regarding the drop in voltage and effects on class D amps. perceived benefits and outcomes while listening. This work was done in collaboration with two universities. (sound pressure increase).
I wait for the permission to publish the contribution of researchers.

Regards

Roberto

Attachments

• DPA-400-68_EN1-2.pdf
    839.1 KB · Views: 138
Hi,
This is the current version released after 07/2012.
Heat sink changed (weight saved) after new study of thermal on "F3-version", stressing the amp on reactive load (2.7 R).
The new heat sink has the surface treated with magnesium powder, this treatment creates micro hollow increasing the radiating surface of 25%.

Regards

Attachments

• DPA-400-F3.png
    DPA-400-F3.png
    730.9 KB · Views: 245
  • DPA-400-F3-Rear2.png
    DPA-400-F3-Rear2.png
    745.2 KB · Views: 224
Hi,
This is the current version released after 07/2012.
Heat sink changed (weight saved) after new study of thermal on "F3-version", stressing the amp on reactive load (2.7 R).
The new heat sink has the surface treated with magnesium powder, this treatment creates micro hollow increasing the radiating surface of 25%.

Regards

I love you Italians. Most others would just source a heatsink from China and be done with it even if it has crappy quality anodizing on it. YOU, lol, order best heatsink. I bet you surfed ODM line card and choose the best unit. It's like those nice looking rear panels and sending it with a frame. Attention to detail... Italian...

My friend just purchased a Vespa 300 GTS Supersport. The only one in NA. I was looking at it and all I can say is... ITALIAN...

I love you Italians. Most others would just source a heatsink from China and be done with it even if it has crappy quality anodizing on it. YOU, lol, order best heatsink. I bet you surfed ODM line card and choose the best unit. It's like those nice looking rear panels and sending it with a frame. Attention to detail... Italian...

My friend just purchased a Vespa 300 GTS Supersport. The only one in NA. I was looking at it and all I can say is... ITALIAN...
Hi,
I think the Italian design is known all over the world. from shoes to ... to super cars. I know the Vespa 300GT :)... I have just one white.

You may know look good of the details of a project. not everyone has this ability. all products are very attractive, also in the screw ...
The DPA-400/F-3 has an incredibly low price, just to launch it on the market, judging by the request, have begun to understand the work that has been done, specifically to offer a product with the requirements dell'audiophile. no sense to have a good amp and then put a generic smps.

Regards

Originally Posted by HiroPro View Post

Yes that's true!
I seems to me that all the parameters as been studied and optimised, it's rare!

If only their communication was as perfect as their products. ;)

Last edited:
Hi,
I think the Italian design is known all over the world. from shoes to ... to super cars. I know the Vespa 300GT :)... I have just one white.

You may know look good of the details of a project. not everyone has this ability. all products are very attractive, also in the screw ...
The DPA-400/F-3 has an incredibly low price, just to launch it on the market, judging by the request, have begun to understand the work that has been done, specifically to offer a product with the requirements dell'audiophile. no sense to have a good amp and then put a generic smps.

Regards

Actually it only comes, according to my friend, in flat black. His is flat black and the only one in all of North America.

Over $8000 for a scooter though is rather expensive !!!

:eek:

Roberto,

Can you please (shortly) describe the differences between the F1, F2 and F3 versions of the DPA-400?

Thanks,

Mark.

Of course, in a few words ... all 3, use the same PCB.
F3-F2 have differences in voltage DC power, a different calibration of the filter and APC "Active Power Control" and a difference in heat sink.
No other important components have changed.
Both can be mounted in 1U case.
The F1 (the research started on this model), we wanted to get a compact amplifier but with performances more than 30Kg AB class, especially on the dynamics. it seems that we have succeeded .. hehe!
in this version changes: the filter capacitors, the winding of the transformer, and of course the calibrations of some circuits. in addition to the heat sink in magnesium. (this module have total height = 44mm).
As you can see from the date of the thread, these amps have been tested for 1 year in different listening rooms. the new A-400 (mono-block,released in the next 10 days) is equipped with the F1 inside.
The DPA-400/F-1 can provide 30Amp peak current on reactive load repetitive,without audible distortion.
We work on a version /U that include USB input 24b with dsp and IIR filter.
Regards

If best sound quality is more important over power and options, which version do you recommend?

The A-400 will be a complete amplifier, or also module?

Thanks,

Mark.
Hi,
The F2 is oriented guitar-bass or sub. so the choice is F1-F3.
At this point depends on the plant you wish to achieve. example, the F1 has been developed to obtain good performances with speakers with passive filter. tests have been proven Magnaplanar, B & W 802 II, Tannoy, JBL (old style). (the amplifier reference was a big Usher).
I believe that the F3 has a good balance of power, lends itself well to a multi-way active system. apparently seems small power, with its 250-270W rms into 4R, but works absolutely clean of 2R. all owners of this new amp, do not believe that the power output is the declared one. right this is the point on which I have long insisted. less compression thanks to the innovative power supply, allows more dynamic, with higher output current. this changes everything while listening.
-----------------------------------------
The A-400 is a complete Mono-Block, new design and new materials designate an elegant style.
It will be available in 4 colors of cover perpex (top / bottom):
Blue, opaque black, red, and yellow version dedicated to sports car "Lamborghini Gallardo", includes parts of aluminum and the ventilation grilles of the same painting of the alluminum wheels and ventilation grid of the "Gallardo".

Regards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.