No sound from Lepai TA2020, no current draw

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just bought a Lepai TA2020 and somehow managed to break it before I could start on any mods for it.

I actually had it running in my car for a bit, then the audio started chopping in and out and the thing went dead. I was running a single dashboard speaker (old car) with the left and right channels wired together. After inspection I found that I'd done a crap soldering job on the two-to-one wiring connection for the positive leads as the whole connection had broken open.

Now the amp still turns on, but I don't get any audio out of it, and the ammeter on my dashboard shows next to no current draw. I'm guessing I blew something that gets power to the amp chip or maybe just the relay, but I don't see any physical damage. What do I need to check or try jumping to see if I busted something simple or just ruined the TA2020 itself?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.