IRS2092 Through hole working design

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi everyone,

this is my new IRS2092 through hole desing. sounds excellent. working voltage +-45. negligible heating.

hope you will like this.

will post actual photos later.

thanks

Attachments

• irs2092 layout-2.pdf
    35.9 KB · Views: 664
  • irs2092 layout.pdf
    52.1 KB · Views: 539
  • irs2092 schematic.pdf
    31.8 KB · Views: 625
The IRS2092 does sound pretty good, I cant tell the difference between the 2092 and a class AB amp. My layout is through hole too. Its easier to replace the 2092 if its in a socket.

you are right, i am neither a good audiophile, but this amp sounds good and should be given a try for those who doesnot like bulky transistors and heatsinks and transformers.

Excellent. Good to see you followed the IRAUDAMP7D
schema exactly (except for the protection circuit?).
What inductor did you use for the 22uH, 17A? Sources
for the components?
Thanks!

In fact i didnt found any sources, so i managed to get some cores locally and rewound them.

Attachments

• DSCN3053.jpg
    DSCN3053.jpg
    583.2 KB · Views: 721
  • DSCN3054.jpg
    DSCN3054.jpg
    262.7 KB · Views: 612
In fact i didnt found any sources, so i managed to get some cores locally and rewound them.

I naively used power inductors for the core to start with. But they got red hot 120 degrees C ! I was advised to use a t106-2 core and that worked great and barely got warm.

Through hole is fine for the 2092, I had problems with decoupling but that was my poor layout rather than a datasheet error. The output mosfets needs decoupling closely and across, b+ to b-, b+ to gnd and b- to gnd.
I also had a few problems with glitches on the VCC rail, so I decoupled this close to the 2092 and everythin gwas then fine.

Hi, sry for revive a old thread, but i want use the IRS2092 chip and i found ur schematic and PCB and i want ask u if this is working and if u got any insues whit this chip, i mean noises or execive heat? I want use a +-35v power supply and T106-2 iron powder toriod.

Ty and sry for my bad english,.

The application datasheet circuit works ok.
I believe there is also a pcb layout on one of the application notes.
These obviously work ok as loads are being sold.

I did my own layout and that works fine. But care must be taken to keep tracks as short and as thick as possible, decoupling needs to be close to mosfets and ic.
The VCC must be well decoupled too.

I just had a batch of pcbs that stopped working, the output kept resetting on loud passages of music. Turned out the 2092 wouldnt drive irfb4227 very well but luckily i had put an option for a buffer on my pcb and that fixed the problem. I guess my previous batch of 4227's had less gate capacitance.

what do u mean whit decoupling?

And ty for the anwser.

The mosfets need decoupling as close as possible between b+/b-, b+/gnd and b-/gnd.

The 2092 needs decoupling as close as possible.

The 2092 VCC supply needs decoupling well. I used a 100uf and a 100nf next to the chip and also a 100nf close to the regulator on input and output.

mosfet selection should be done carefully, try not to use one with high gate capacitance unless you dont mind using an extra gate driver IC.

Hi, sry for revive a old thread, but i want use the IRS2092 chip and i found ur schematic and PCB and i want ask u if this is working and if u got any insues whit this chip, i mean noises or execive heat? I want use a +-35v power supply and T106-2 iron powder toriod.

Ty and sry for my bad english,.

Yes there might be lot of heating in the inductors as well as mosfets if the core is incorrect. I also have to hit and trial many cores since here in india it is hard to find a specific core material.

There is almost no audiable noise in the amp, however, i never tried to measure it on a CRO.

further this is just a hobby project and i never built it for long use.

thanks

Ty u for the awsers guys. Ill try this amp for a home stereo system for my PC.

dont mind, but from your queries, it seems that you have not enough knowledge of class -d's. so be assured that you understand everything about this amp and then only try to make.

infact, i fried almost 4 chips before making this amp sound. layout considerations is very important.

comparitively, TAS 5630 is much eaiser to build and has equally good response and more versitile. please see my tas5630 thread before making your mind. moreover, you can get free samples from TI for experiments.

good luck.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.