AMP KIT Suggestions?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello All,

I just completed building several pairs of Electrostatic Speakers on this forum and I am now contemplating building an amplifier for them. Currently I am using a Denon ARV- 1403 stereo amp but it really is not designed to power a low impedance speaker. From what I understand ESL's needs to be powered by High current amplifiers. My question is, there are MANY amplifier kits available today however I am looking for a high quality kit capable of powering my ESL's, with high-fi accuracy. With all due respect; I would prefer to hear from experienced builders, rather than someone who is excited in have completing their first chip amp and wants to give advice.

Thanks in-advance,
Jerry

I would start with trying to ascertain impedance vs frequency for the ESL you have constructed. Although ancient the Quad 303 was/is an excellent amp driving the ESL57. Thats if f the one you have built is anything like the ESL57 ? There are modern day boards for it from Net Audio and Dada Electronics. You could also run them as mono blocks improving potential current drive to each channel.

Cheers / Chris

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.