Tripath TA2022 / 6N22 tube hybrid

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Folks,

I'm a lurker in the forums, and this is my first post. I recently came across this listing in ebay:

Hybrid Amplifier TA 2022 Class T tripath 90WX2 6922 Kit | eBay

If the listing disappears, it's a Tripath TA2022 / 6N22 tube hybrid offered by Indeed-HiFi. Comes with board, a transformer and a Electro Harmonix 6922EH tube.

Rather pricey as far as kits are concerned, but I don't think I've seen anything like it elsewhere. Could the fellow DIYers comment on the design? I like the concept of an integrated Tamp with a tube, however, the implementation and actual sonic qualities are question marks to me.

If you have seen any other such offerings or designs, do let me know.

Folks,

Could the fellow DIYers comment on the design? I like the concept of an integrated Tamp with a tube, however, the implementation and actual sonic qualities are question marks to me.

If you have seen any other such offerings or designs, do let me know.

Don't see any need to use a tube-pre for a TA2022. If well made it sounds like a tube without a tube-pre. Go for a pure TA2022 design board and with rest of money you can get a chassis & acessoires easily. 190 $ for a board, even torroidial incl. is not very cheap.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.