MiniDSP + CDA-254L + ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey Everyone,

I have a full CDA-254L kit that I am planning to use to run some line array's in a 2.1 setup with a sub all sorted out by a MiniDSP. I am looking for another amp to run off the same power supply that I have already with the kit to power the sub. I only need about 250watts at 4 ohms and only one channel (though a 2nd channel could be useful later). Should I just go for another CDA-254 board or is there a cheaper (but good) option out there that will run off the same power supply?

Otherwise my other option is to sell the CDA-254L Kit and buy a whole new set of matching amps (maybe something cheaper?)

I want to stick with the miniDSP as it will be my only EQ option for this setup. Mostly to deal with room modes and reflections. Inputs will be optical from tv, comp and blu-ray player. Looking for 250watts @ 4 ohms for at least 3 channels.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

I have decided that I only need much more limited power output than what I planned when I bought my amp. I am going to keep looking at options, but I am thinking 3 channels of 50watts @ 4 ohms will allow me more than enough headroom. I'd probably get by with 2 channels at 25w and 1 at 50w. Maybe a little Lepai and a 70w sub plate amp from part-express. From a quick search on google DIY sub plate amps seems far beyond my skill lvl and no one seems to sell a completed version cheaper than the PE ones.

Anyone used one of these? Lepai 2.1

Last edited:
Hey can someone answer a quick question for me. Will the power supply from my CDA-254L kit be fine to run into a Hifimediy T3?

Respective Links:
Hifimediy: Hifimediy T3 300W@4ohm Amplifier single | |Hifimediy
CDA-254L PS: Class D Audio Heavy Duty DC Power Supply - Power Supplies - PRODUCTS

The toroid I got in the kit appears to be 34V output on each side. And the PS gives 1.41x the input so 47.94V for each board connected to it. So it should work?

(I have very rudimentary working knowledge of electronics, that's why I bought kits).

Thanks.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.