Output transistor temperature changes with load characteristics..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Anyway: changing the whole circuit before knowing what is the real problem, doesn't seem to be wise.

I suspected the small sign of turning on again at the lower gates. I'm trying to lower it.

I don't really understand why to measure (only) without load. Loss components are different without load. And you won't use it this way.

The previous waveforms were perfectly normal (except for the current, which is unexplainable). There is a small sign of turning on again at switched off gates. This is usual, but can cause cross conduction! Harder gate pull down, or increased Cgs may help!

I got the lower gate voltages when the load is resistive or inductive.
when it is loaded resistively small voltage spikes seen on both gate voltage.
but when it is loaded inductively the spikes too high!
Is that normal the gate voltage having high spikes with inductive load?

A little spike is expected but this much more than expected. Also as you can see the behavior is not the same although at the same edges of the signals!?

Attachments

• with inductive load edge1.JPG
    with inductive load edge1.JPG
    142.9 KB · Views: 59
  • with inductive load edge1 again with different behavior.JPG
    with inductive load edge1 again with different behavior.JPG
    144.8 KB · Views: 63
  • with inductive load edge2.JPG
    with inductive load edge2.JPG
    143.4 KB · Views: 52
  • with inductive load edge2 again different behavior.JPG
    with inductive load edge2 again different behavior.JPG
    143.7 KB · Views: 53
  • with resistive load.JPG
    with resistive load.JPG
    146.5 KB · Views: 51
  • with resistive load other edge.JPG
    with resistive load other edge.JPG
    145.3 KB · Views: 28
A small capacitor (~330pF) directly at gate to source terminals can tell if that's really miller Cgd problem.
This capacitor slows down di/dt phase but leaves dv/dt basically same fast, and paracitic capacitance divider Cgd/Cgs will hopefully divide enough now to stay below Vgs threshold.

Try it now just for fault tracing

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.