Adapting old UPS for amplifier case, need help with some basics

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I wasn't sure whether or not to post this in the "Construction Tips" subforum, however since I can't find even a single post on amplifier cases/housings I thought here is a better place to ask.

I'm adapting an old APC UPS box to serve as amplifier case and house my 41Hz AMP9-PS. Space is little cramped with the AC transformer and the amp's board being fairly close. If possible I'll even try to fit my GrubDAC later.
Thing is, with space being a little bit cramped and all, how worried should I be about noise/interference from mains and the AC transformer, both being so close to the amp's board and the signal's path. Should I try to shield the mains and the AC transformer from the amp and the signal wires?

Also, I have few extra pairs of RCA jack connectors... I know they are best used for the inputs, but can also I use this kind of connectors for speaker outputs?
The output power should practically never exceed ~20W per channel, as the the amp will power a pair of Fostex FE207E and a pair of Tang Band W4-930SF.

Another thing is, I plan to use Cat5 or Cat6 ethernet cable (full copper) for connecting the speakers to the amp (as suggested in Full Range forum here). Can/should I use the same for inside wiring? (amp to connectors etc)

And please excuse my ignorance, my knowledge on this subject is very low.

Attachments

• UPS.jpg
    UPS.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 154
  • AMP9-PS.jpg
    AMP9-PS.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 155
  • GrubDAC.jpg
    GrubDAC.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 154
  • 090-278_s.jpg
    090-278_s.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 143
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.