irs2092 schematic confirmation

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
revised amp..

Attachments

• Sans titre.png
    Sans titre.png
    81.2 KB · Views: 347
yes you can use external clock, I think IR has this shown in one of their app notes for this IC. One thing I would also do, you don't need that much capacitance for gate drivers, 1/10 of each cap will do, if you are going for smaller size, which is always better here. I do also have 470uF for lower driver, and 47uF for upper, but I used what I already had at home. Most important is that you have some capacitance on buffers, I have smd cap soldered almost on pins of their suppy

For C16 you will have to see, if 150p is not too big... I have 330p and I couldn't get amp to go above 250-300k... now I don't have any, and I'll probably add about 33-68p, maybe 150p... will see how that goes for you... as far as your dead time goes, what will you set it at, at first?

alright, i'll lower the gate capacitance, i dont have 470u anwyay, i'll put 2times 100u!

"I have 330p and I couldn't get amp to go above 250-300k"
you mean for feedback res ?

for the deadtime, i'll put it at max to begin, then, with an oscillo, optimize it.

thx for the gate buffer, i'll put cap the nearer i can,
again, i still dont beleive they're that small XD lol

72V would by nice.. 1.2kW on 4ohm :O and if I can lock the oscillator with an external frequency as i would like to do, i could make a full bridge out of 2amps, what would mean almost 6KW of juicly juice, sound good ^^

i'll post the PCB layout as soon as i am finished, for sure this week

ammm, with +/-72 rails you won't get no where near 1.2kw. Not to say that bridge won't do 6kw. Look, looking at this with some reason, and I know you won't use I don't know how good elements, you can get 600-800w into 4R pretty easy, but you'll see that with your fets, which are 100v, your max voltage should be in 80v range. That into 4r will be in 200w range (which is a lot for home use)

I think you should forget 1kw+ power, I could be wrong, but will see

ammm, with +/-72 rails you won't get no where near 1.2kw. Not to say that bridge won't do 6kw. Look, looking at this with some reason, and I know you won't use I don't know how good elements, you can get 600-800w into 4R pretty easy, but you'll see that with your fets, which are 100v, your max voltage should be in 80v range. That into 4r will be in 200w range (which is a lot for home use)

I think you should forget 1kw+ power, I could be wrong, but will see

80volts and 4r gives 1600watts peak.
72 volts and 4r gives 1300 watts peak.

V²/R ! twice more voltage, quad power

tho i know that at higher voltage it mean more current = Cgs is higher, slower turn on/off which will surly do OCsensor **** up or i dont know.. its why i put a sensing resistor, and i'll have jumpers on the pcb if that happen.

another question, if i want a fast turn on of the fets, DO low esr on gate supply would help

this is the pcb up to now.. i didnt had all the component names because it would have been unreadable,
I tried to use big rooting, doubled sometime
the output filter is outboard

red: top
grn: bot
yello: both
blue:silk

2.5" x 3,8"
kinda cool..

Attachments

• amp_pcb v1.1.jpg
    amp_pcb v1.1.jpg
    756.3 KB · Views: 298
  • ampSCH v1.1.jpg
    ampSCH v1.1.jpg
    375.7 KB · Views: 269
Last edited:
V²/R ! twice more voltage, quad power

tho i know that at higher voltage it mean more current = Cgs is higher, slower turn on/off which will surly do OCsensor **** up or i dont know.. its why i put a sensing resistor, and i'll have jumpers on the pcb if that happen.

another question, if i want a fast turn on of the fets, DO low esr on gate supply would help
I don't think so, I mean yes by all mean it helps, but resistance of those or normal caps is still far lower then resistance of Rg and gete resistance

gonn order em like thursday, so maybe next week, anyway i dotn have any pieces yet, ordered res and cap like 3week ago on ebay from china lol and ferrite core have been shipped today.

tho i have 12V 1.5A supply from an AC wall adaptor that i will tear down
made a ±35V out of a transformator/bridge and bunch of nice cap,
and ±5V from old comp power supply

all this is reclycled :) we were reclycling electronic at our college, had many company giving **** lol like 50x 1000V IGBT 35A ^^

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.