irs2092 schematic confirmation

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have 100R on between IRS and it, about 11v on upper driver, 12v on bottom one, so... I use >100ma on input to drive it, so source current could be 9A and sink should be in 5.5A range. But do note, that I have 10r gate resistors, don't want to turn fets on too fast, but primary goal with them was to take load of IRS

also note that they cost like 0.2€/pc, so nothing more then if you wouldn't use them

could i still use i diode for sink current ?
Like I said, nothing else changes, so yes, diodes are still in, I have them too

and for supply, unless you will mainly use it for something else, you need <<<<<<<<<<500mA for gate drivers, I just wanted to point out, if you would use drop resistors, you would need to change resistance of them, if you went from say 250k switching freq. to 500k

that much ?
i mean.. with the 9A peak of the gate buffer 1A would be ok ?
Yes but do note, that most energy in that small amount of time (turning on fet) will be drawn from capacitor, you need this supply only to charge capacitor in 1000x longer time back up

anyway.. the 12V 30A is the same price of the 12V 5A so.. haha and since i will use the gate buffer that luka suggested, i will put Rg = 4.7ohm, maybe less.. this way (i think ? ) i'll eliminate my high gate charge problem
Don't get to crazy with low Rg, you'll get hole new set of problems by lowering it too much, I wouldn't go below 4.7, in fact I would stay at 10R as I am now. And I am saying thig because I have almost the same gate charge as you do
EDIT: no you have fets will smaller gate charge, what you wrote is MAX

tho, for B+ and B-, for 3amplifiers, what power should i look for ?
Yes and no. This depends on:
what kind of music will you listen to, how loud (how much power will amp need to deliver), what size of stored energy will you have in supply lines B+ and B-

Last edited:
I listen every type of music.. and i like my Bass loud :) i guess 48V 5A or 10A, something like that, would do ?

what type of problem could i get by lowering Rg?

yes i will surly use the supply i bought for some other application, was so cheap i couldnt not buy it :p so 12V 1.5A would do ? cause ive one right now.. ^^

and btw, thanks for the quick replies! i appreciate ! :)
i'll post my new schematic and the PCB tonight (GW -5h)
good day

yes, 1.5A will do for several amps.

Right now I can't think, but i'm sure you can find a lot, that has to do with too fast turn on of fets

5-10A will also do, for main voltage... again depends on what everything will be on this supply (I use for now my car amp that I made on 13v, 10A limited supply, and I can drive well over 200w on speaker)

Sir, no problem, glad to help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.