First Self Build - Found the Amp, PSU & Case - What Else Do I Need?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok, so in my research to find what amp I might buy next, I discovered this site and the possibility of building one myself.

I have been lead to the TK2050, and more specifically to the Sure Electronics WebSite.

There I have found these items available for about £80 ($130 inc delivery)

2*100W@4ohm TK2050 ClassD Audio Amplifier Upgraded
[URL="http://www.sureelectronics.net/goods.php?id=1253"]27VDC 13A 351W Power Supply (AA-AB32181 + PT-IP012)[/URL]
Aluminium Alloy Case for 2x100W Class-D Digital Audio Amplifier

Other than the Amp, the PSU and the Case, what else am I going to need to complete the amp and get the "retail" look I'm after?

Many Thanks for your help.

Thanks for the input. You have highlighted how little I know about this subject, and got me thinking I perhaps should just buy a Dayton Audio DTA-100a and be done with it!

If I do still build, doesn't the amp I linked to already have input jacks?
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

and appears to come with output jacks,
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

wire and fasteners too.

The case has some slots, that I thought would hold the amp board in place, will this mean I don't need PCB Standoffs either?

Not sure what a Pot is, is that the volume control? The only switch is for power, so do you have any recommendations for either or both of these?

Again, thanks in advance for any help. If all goes well, I plan on making a "How To" guide that could help avoid these type of questions in the future.

That "Rotary Encoder and Volume controll" board would just make things more complicated because you would need another power supply (5V) .....

Just get a 10K Dual Potentiometer (cost you maybe $2.50) and use that for Volume controll , or if your preamp allready has a Volume controll then you don"t really need one on the amp .....

Cheers

That "Rotary Encoder and Volume controll" board would just make things more complicated because you would need another power supply (5V) .....

Just get a 10K Dual Potentiometer (cost you maybe $2.50) and use that for Volume controll , or if your preamp allready has a Volume controll then you don"t really need one on the amp .....

Cheers

Incorrect, the rotary encoder connects to the onboard 5v supply :)

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Other than the Amp, the PSU and the Case, what else am I going to need to complete the amp and get the "retail" look I'm after?

Many Thanks for your help.

The link to the power supply goes to the case - so I could not check out the PS.

Do you have a soldering iron or solder station? Some of those wires look as if they will need to be soldered to the circuit board.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.