Which T-Amp? SMSL SA-S3 or Topping TP21?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok,

My old Creek amp just went pop, and I'm not going to fix it. So it's time for a replacement. I'm interested in these small form factor Class-T Amps and wanted to know what you knowledgeable fellows thought.

I have been looking at the two amps listed in the title:

SMSL SA-S3 at about £25 delivered (no PSU) and the Topping TP21 at £53 delivered (inc PSU)

I have located a PSU for £12.50 which seems suitable for the SMSL HERE

This brings the total cost to £37 for the SMSL, and £53 for the Topping.

Any thoughts or experiences on these two?

Alternative

I plumped for the sure 2*15W TA2024. If you time it right you can pick it up for £16, free delivery, without a power supply. Buy yourself a 12V 3A power supply of another ebay seller for £5 and bobs your uncle; £21 amp. Very nice.

I got one of these to play with my new built speakers.:)

Ok,
My old Creek amp just went pop, and I'm not going to fix it. So it's time for a replacement. I'm interested in these small form factor Class-T Amps and wanted to know what you knowledgeable fellows thought.

The tripath amps are old hat with the TPA3116 amps now around in abundance.

I've bought and re-sold several of the Senucn A502s and they seem as good as you're likely to get. They come with a perfectly good supply, too.

If you want tone controls and BlueTooth you might like to try one of the Linkfor amps. I have one playing beside me as I write this and it's sounding good. Also comes with a proper supply.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.