MY DESIGN L20D IRS2092+IRFI4020H 200W8R - Page 32 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 20th February 2012, 10:36 AM   #311
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewlebon View Post
Hi luizcpimenta
greetings very nice sheer coincidence only today i downloaded
your files from ht site and was wondering about mosfets can you give more details of your project power supply wattage it would be great to try it
warm regards
andrew lebon
Please check the attached file (iraudamp7s). All development of this project was based on it.
The voltages of my project is +-35V to +-45V.
If you want I can send the files generated by PCAD.
Good luck in the assembly.

Luiz C. pepper
luizcpimenta@yahoo.com.br
Old 22nd February 2012, 10:38 AM   #312
diyAudio Member

Finaly somebody who doens't care about all those Giagawatts !
I'm running my L15D's at +/- 50 volts , so that's about 125 clean watts at 8 ohms .
I read here all the time about L20D's , L25D's and all their watts , what's the point . it's less ore just 3dB above the L15D and set you wallet back in Power supplies and other stuff ,so it won't sound any louder !

What am I missing here ?

Cheers ,

Rens
Old 22nd February 2012, 03:22 PM   #313
ljm_ljm is offline ljm_ljm  China
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctordata View Post
Finaly somebody who doens't care about all those Giagawatts !
I'm running my L15D's at +/- 50 volts , so that's about 125 clean watts at 8 ohms .
I read here all the time about L20D's , L25D's and all their watts , what's the point . it's less ore just 3dB above the L15D and set you wallet back in Power supplies and other stuff ,so it won't sound any louder !

What am I missing here ?

Cheers ,

Rens

Cheers
Old 22nd February 2012, 03:24 PM   #314
diyAudio Member

Sometimes, when you at max volume, and need a tad louder - these 3db will make you smile

Well, but if you already ran out of 150w, then there is a possibility that 250w ain't suit you too...
Old 22nd February 2012, 03:31 PM   #315
alkasar is offline alkasar  France
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3tup View Post
Sometimes, when you at max volume, and need a tad louder - these 3db will make you smile
is'nt this true with the next 3 dB ? and the next, etc.
Old 23rd February 2012, 08:00 AM   #316
diyAudio Member

Smile Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by luizcpimenta View Post
Please check the attached file (iraudamp7s). All development of this project was based on it.
The voltages of my project is +-35V to +-45V.
If you want I can send the files generated by PCAD.
Good luck in the assembly.

Luiz C. Pimenta
luizcpimenta@yahoo.com.br
Good morning everyone!
See the attached files, they demonstrate how to change the resistors marked with "*" as a function of power and supply chosen.
Good luck to all.

Luiz C. Pimenta
Attached Files
File Type: pdf D_AMPL.pdf (105.6 KB, 462 views)
File Type: pdf iraudamp7s_Models_Differential_Table.pdf (61.1 KB, 384 views)
Old 23rd February 2012, 11:52 PM   #317
diyAudio Member

I am fascinated by the new IR chipset, but have no immediate need for all that power. Just how good do these designs SOUND?!!? Are they as good as the Tripath designs? These have been around since 2006 and should be debugged by now.

Clearly these are not for beginners. 60-70V power at the required current (>3A) is potentially people frying juice. At that, however, these are no more dangerous than the high power chip amps, some of which run at +/- 70VDC, and are also not for newbies.

As far as 'who needs all those watts' goes, a very large listening room (or a pro performance setup) can soak up a whole lot of amp power, especially for those who wish to blow out their auditory apparatus with row A experiences. Some of the new (and interesting) time aligned infinite baffle designs can eat up all the ampli's you can fry, and then some.
Old 24th February 2012, 12:16 AM   #318
diyAudio Member

Just for reference 0.002-0.004 amps can stop your heart cold or cause severe heart problems. In reality that is directly across the heart, it takes more amperage to get to the heart through the tissue.

I am super pumped about a IRS2092 setup for some reason. I have been posting about it and plan on a multichannel setup. I am still collecting info and trying to decide who's kit.

My setup is purely home theatre with minimal stereo listening. I have 8 full range speakers, with a total of 20 drivers in total in my 13' x 45' basement theatre setup and would love to drive them to their rating with clean, low THD, high efficiency power. It seems too good to be true... I would love to smoke a voice coil with this setup, instead of stressing out my antique onkyo reciever which can barely pump out 90x2 rms and probably 30x5rms (per the nameplate)

I think the dynamic peaks with such a large amplifier would be insane, can you say explosions in a movie? or gun shots? or even better yet some norah jones, or adele screaming at the top of her lungs?

This thread is way off topic on page 32 - but oh well - flame on

I still think LJM's L25d and hien.t.nguyen's L25de is pretty cool, I just need to decide which to use. either way +/-70V and 250W is calling to me

Last edited by NissanSR20Man; 24th February 2012 at 12:21 AM.
Old 24th February 2012, 11:23 AM   #319
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stujonesmd View Post
I am fascinated by the new IR chipset, but have no immediate need for all that power. Just how good do these designs SOUND?!!? Are they as good as the Tripath designs? These have been around since 2006 and should be debugged by now.
Have a look here

Distortion Tests - HifimeDIY T2 / LJM L20D / SURE TDA7498

Quote:
Originally Posted by stujonesmd View Post
Clearly these are not for beginners. 60-70V power at the required current (>3A) is potentially people frying juice. At that, however, these are no more dangerous than the high power chip amps, some of which run at +/- 70VDC, and are also not for newbies.
Yes, DIY is dangerous and everyone should be aware that dealing with electricity can end up deadly. So be careful.
On the ESP pages I've found some good explanations and some practical advices.

Electrocution
Old 29th February 2012, 03:20 PM   #320
diyAudio Member

Hi!

Received my L25D kit, but I only have +-53VDC supply. Just to verify, can I replace those resistors specified in page37 of iraudamp7s datasheet to be able to run the AMP7S-200 like AMP7S-150? Can I achieve 250W at 4ohms with 53VDC without replacing IRFB4020 with IRFI4019? (With active cooling)

Thanks

Click the image to open in full size.
The IRS2092 and 15V diode is presoldered on the board
Thick PCB =)

Last edited by jlester87; 29th February 2012 at 03:41 PM.

Hide this!Advertise here!