My design L20D IRS2092+IRFI4020H 200W8R

Here is an pic attachement with 30 V main voltage shown as example instead 36 in my case. The 6 V wires are definetly mentioned to increase or reduce the 30 V. This toroidal is sold only for highend pursposes. 8 wires out. All same thickness.

seems fine to me :D
the 58/59 Vdc provided will be just below the 60V min in the specs, but I see no reason why L25D should be unhappy with that. Put large filtering capacitors ;)

I need help from this amplifier with us.i make IRFI4019 everything right, checked and using a pcb layout recommended by the manufacturer, but it just does not give any soun, is completely silent and does not burn IRFI4019 and neitherIRS2092.all voltages are correct, given all the diodes various vezes.i make this on protoboard too,but the problem persist.on oscilloscope only pin 4 of the waveform IRS2092 has no other pin features a waveform, it seems he does not pwm. I'm using v +45-45 +32-32 but I tested it with and also tried to use this and nothing.i make also integrated with discrete transistors in the output instead of the IRS2092 IRFI4029 but woe is short the pins that go to the gate of IRF.I tested several of the ci's and always the same problem.somebody already had the same problem or can tell me what's going on? already required from

preciso da ajuda de alguém.montei esse amplificador com IRFI4019 tudo certinho,conferido e usando um layout de pcb recomendado pelo fabricante,mas ele simplesmente não dá audio nenhum,fica totalmente mudo e nao queima o IRFI4019 e nem o IRS2092.todas as tensões estão corretas,os diodos tudo conferido varias vezes.montei ele tambem na protoboard e aconteceu a mesma coisa.nos testes com osciloscópio só o pino 4 do IRS2092 tem forma de onda,nenhum outro pino apresenta forma de onda alguma,parece que ele não oscila.estou usando +45-45v mas já testei com +32-32 também e nada.ja tentei usar esse integrado também com transistores discretos na saída no lugar do IRFI4029 mas ai o IRS2092 entra em curto os pinos que vao ao gate dos IRF.ja testei varios cis e sempre da o mesmo problema.alguem ja teve o mesmo problema ou sabe me dizer o que esta acontecendo?desde ja obrigado

I need help from this amplifier with us.i make IRFI4019 everything right, checked and using a pcb layout recommended by the manufacturer, but it just does not give any soun, is completely silent and does not burn IRFI4019 and neitherIRS2092.all voltages are correct, given all the diodes various vezes.i make this on protoboard too,but the problem persist.on oscilloscope only pin 4 of the waveform IRS2092 has no other pin features a waveform, it seems he does not pwm. I'm using v +45-45 +32-32 but I tested it with and also tried to use this and nothing.i make also integrated with discrete transistors in the output instead of the IRS2092 IRFI4029 but woe is short the pins that go to the gate of IRF.I tested several of the ci's and always the same problem.somebody already had the same problem or can tell me what's going on? already required from

preciso da ajuda de alguém.montei esse amplificador com IRFI4019 tudo certinho,conferido e usando um layout de pcb recomendado pelo fabricante,mas ele simplesmente não dá audio nenhum,fica totalmente mudo e nao queima o IRFI4019 e nem o IRS2092.todas as tensões estão corretas,os diodos tudo conferido varias vezes.montei ele tambem na protoboard e aconteceu a mesma coisa.nos testes com osciloscópio só o pino 4 do IRS2092 tem forma de onda,nenhum outro pino apresenta forma de onda alguma,parece que ele não oscila.estou usando +45-45v mas já testei com +32-32 também e nada.ja tentei usar esse integrado também com transistores discretos na saída no lugar do IRFI4029 mas ai o IRS2092 entra em curto os pinos que vao ao gate dos IRF.ja testei varios cis e sempre da o mesmo problema.alguem ja teve o mesmo problema ou sabe me dizer o que esta acontecendo?desde ja obrigado
check the vcc supply referring negative rail...it should show +12 volts...if there is no such voltage over there it wont modulate

Put large filtering capacitors ;)

I started to have problems with the irs2092 and large smoothing capacitors.
When i got to 20,000uf per rail it would give a huge thump on power down and sometimes give out a siren type noise.
10,000uF is a good value per rail.

I talked to IR about it and they suggested a power low detectyor circuit that switched off the 2092. SO i added a small PIC micro with an opto coupler to turn off the CSD. Worked a treat.

Lagre filtering capacitors

Good point about the thumping while turning off the power. Although I hope most people here have DC detection, soft start and instant off protection circuits.

I went for 60 000 microFarads per channel. I don't really know if I need it yet(my big boxes are being built), but I could not help being amazed how long my 60 Watt light bulb was shining after I turned off the power while testing my rectifier bridge and filtering caps.

At the moment I just know my little boxes can now produce a extremely violent bass that slaps you in the face again and again the exact moment you expect it to fall apart and distort.

When i got to 20,000uf per rail it would give a huge thump on power down and sometimes give out a siren type noise.
10,000uF is a good value per rail.
I will take this as a serious hint in choosing the capacities

I talked to IR about it and they suggested a power low detectyor circuit that switched off the 2092. SO i added a small PIC micro with an opto coupler to turn off the CSD. Worked a treat.
If for example 6000 uF per channel still demands a safety solution there is something wrong with either the chip or the design. And still do not know if it makes sense to remove the on-board powercaps ...

Hey all... I have a question for anyone who can answer... Are 80v input caps necessary? I've got some 50v, 22uf Nichicon Muse caps that I'd like to substitute. Any issues?

Thanks
no issue.
according to the IR design ref BOM,confirmed by ljm earlier in this topic, the 22µF only need to be 25V. ljm uses higher voltage caps because, for the same value and capacitor type model, the higher the voltage, the better carateristics.
I am pretty sure that nichicon muse 50V are far better than the stock 80V provided caps ;)

Hi!

I also just recently ordered some of this nice modules. Still waiting for arrive...

One question: I bought them for my mid section and compression drivers. But as I need a new subwoofer amp, too I would like to ask if there is just a nice possibility to mod the modules with some additional mosfets or so. In another thread this was the way they went...

I do not mind about some soldering or simplest routing as long as I have a save wiring diagram ;-)

cheers!

i got it...i tested everything and the amp is just awesome...can anyone tell me why are the 1watt resistors heating or they just heat without any reason....when i got the board i tested the oscilating freq it was set to 250 and 280KHZ i set it to 400 and 375KHZ...is this ok...i did it as the ref design specified to be....the resistors which feed the 5.6 volts zeners and the bias transistor heats....what can be the problem or is it normal????????/

I am considering the L15-D mono modules and think about using a transformer with two 38V secondaries and 440Va, just because it is lying in the drawer. Should be o.K for the L15, as it uses lower voltage than L20.
The question is, if I can supply both modules from one +/- supply?
That means transformer--> rectification to ca 53 volt--> +22000µf/-22000µf--> 2 mono modules. Or do I get groundloops or something like this when not supplying each module by its own supply?

Thanks a lot for advice,

Juergen