My design L20D IRS2092+IRFI4020H 200W8R

I'm using a linear PS... I know that too much capacitanceis a no-no in SMPS, but in a linear supply would this amount have a negative effect or is it just a matter of diminished returns beyond a certain pt.?

The inrush current of too much capacitance can damage the rectifier diodes, but I doubt that will be a problem in your case.

Back in the old days I built a capacitor bank for an old Dynaco Stereo 150 amp that was as big as the amp itself using old Caps from computer mainframe power supplies. I had to build a soft start circuit to avoid the inrush damage.

I went looking for an inrush calculator to look smart, but the formula I found needed an inductive component, and I didn't feel like digging any further ;)

Last edited:
Hi,cand someone mesure the
AC (residual) on output ,without input signal!
I have 70mV (is that OK?) on my amps L25D switching @300Khz

The L25D you can set the operating frequency.

I usually designed to 420K HZ, .. on the PCB resistor nominal 470OHM.

470 the R = 650K
390 the R = 550K
300R = 420K
The higher frequency allows the residual PWM sine wave output to reduce the voltage value.
But may produce distortion THD switch, and more heat.

It can be set arbitrarily. I recommend the 300R, the PWM = 420K. Reference IRAUDMP7

Hi,

Finally i have got these from Taobao store through my friend, assembled all the parts.
Attached is the photo of the items i have purchased.

Could someone please give me wiring instructions to do with the attached boards. My Speaker is a 6 Ohm speaker. Should i make any changes ?

And what should be the transformer ratings, how many core ?

1. For Amp. Is it 22 - 0 - 22 Volt , How much should be current rating ?

2. Delay board + Protection board - Voltage ?

3. Mini Preamp What should be voltage ?

Thank you...

[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/860/l15dg.jpg/]
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.
Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/URL]

Last edited:
@vakkuj your questions show you have no idea what you are doing and or are too lazy to read the information off the circuit boards and find the wiring information in this thread or on the many ebay pages and others that sell these boards.

I am not going to help you electrocute yourself or start a fire.
You need to do your homework.

Received my L25D Boards, and everything looks good, except:

There was no thermal compound on the H669A BJC or IRFB4020's, so I applied some.

While operating at approximately 10wattsrms, the H669A BJC and three green resistors got very hot(could not keep finger on it for any time).:flame:

For this thing to be capable of 300W I believe a larger heat sink will be needed.

Opinions, or similar experience to share?

-Chas

So i just finished my l25D amp. with a 650watt 2x50vac and 60 000uF psu thats feeding the boards with 70vdc.

When i crank up the sound to very high volums one of the bords just shuts of and the otherone continiue. Then i have to turn the volum a little down and it comes back!

Any ideas why?

I thought that i should share my Almost finished L25D project :) Still havent added the Speaker protection board, cause i dont have anything to power it with ATM.

Here are som pictures! :)

IMG_4605.JPG

IMG_4606.JPG

IMG_4614.JPG

IMG_4618.JPG

IMG_4626.JPG