My design L20D IRS2092+IRFI4020H 200W8R

This is me a new design of the AMP. He had since the IR company demo version IRAUDAMP7S-200.

It USES the IRS2092 driver IC, and the IRFI4020H special mosfet output

Its power can do 200 W 8 R (+ 65 V). So I call it the L 20 D.

This version after four times improved. Scrap a lot of PCB to attain my design requirements.

In the test of the wave and test performance he almost and IRAUDAMP7 is same.

And before the same circuit design out, but often appear waveform distortion phenomenon.

I'm glad someone can like this design. It is very small, very beautiful. And a good voice, power is big enough.

:)Hi ljm_ljm.
I'm from Brazil.
I recently purchased via Ebay 02 amp boards L15D and L20D.
I would like to congratulate you for the quality of the plates and the ease of assembling them.
I also wish you send me the schematic of the plates L15D and L20D.
Thank you for your cooperation.

luizcpimenta@yahoo.com.br

:)Hi ljm_ljm.
I'm from Brazil.
I recently purchased via Ebay 02 amp boards L15D and L20D.
I would like to congratulate you for the quality of the plates and the ease of assembling them.
I also wish you send me the schematic of the plates L15D and L20D.
Thank you for your cooperation.

luizcpimenta@yahoo.com.br

Please refer to the IR company.
Are the same.

IRAUDAMP7S-150 =L15D
-200=L20D

Attachments

• DD.jpg
    DD.jpg
    232.4 KB · Views: 1,369
  • dds.jpg
    dds.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 1,307
Please refer to the IR company.
Are the same.

IRAUDAMP7S-150 =L15D
-200=L20D

I suggest not used for any replacement.

Use + - 65 V voltage. Be better able to reach 200 W 8 R, 300 W 4 R. Output and distortion is small.

Very nice.

Hi ljm_ljm,

You mention above that L20D could reach 300W at 4R. But in the models table it says that the 200 shows N/A. I would like to purchase one of your boards L15D or L20D to be able to play at max 250-300W at 4R. Can the L20D achieve this?

I've seen trevmar nice writeup on the L20D board. Is the L15D just as good?

Hi ljm_ljm,

You mention above that L20D could reach 300W at 4R. But in the models table it says that the 200 shows N/A. I would like to purchase one of your boards L15D or L20D to be able to play at max 250-300W at 4R. Can the L20D achieve this?

The L15D and L20D are the same circuit, with several resistor changes to allow for different Power supply and power output ratings.. Besides being able to provide higher current, the L20D and L15D should sound the same..

The L15D and L20D are the same circuit, with several resistor changes to allow for different Power supply and power output ratings.. Besides being able to provide higher current, the L20D and L15D should sound the same..

Okay excellent. Then do you know if the L20D in the stock version without any modifications will drive 4ohm speakers and if so at what voltage? 65 or more?

Okay excellent. Then do you know if the L20D in the stock version without any modifications will drive 4ohm speakers and if so at what voltage? 65 or more?

No, according to the Reference Design that they are based on, as well as the info I see on ebay about the L20D, they do not specify a 4ohm rating for then L20D. The L15D is capable of 250W into 4ohms though, with +-50V supplies, so you should probably go with them instead.

Hi ljm_ljm,

L15D + -50V 250W 4R。
it is Very good sound quality. As IRAUDAMP7 same.

With enough power.

Help me decide

Hello ljm_ljm and others.

I'm ready to order your modules but I would like some confirmations on my setup before I go ahead. I want to use 8 modules of either L15D or L20D for a total of 16 channels of amplification.

L15D Digital Audio amplifier kit IRS2092 IRFI4019H | eBay
L20D Stero Power Amplifier Board IRAUDAMP7-200 IRS2092 | eBay

The price difference is not big so the question is which board should I choose for the highest cleanest power up to 250W either in 8ohm or 4 ohm. L20D I assume.

I'm thinking or ordering two of connexelectronic 2000W SMPS.

Connexelectronic

His standard voltage options are 54V, 60V or 72V. I'm thinking to go with the recommended 60V but how much output will that give me in either 8ohm or 4ohm

If I want to drive cleanly upto 250W I assume 2 SMPS are enough.

If I used a linear power supply I was also recommended to order the following power supply board.

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

If I use the SMPS with the recommended voltage will I still need the power supply modules?

I've also seen the recommendation to use the following speaker protection board.

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

My SMPS have 12V auxillary output so can I use it with this speaker protection kit even though it says 15V?

Final question. I like DIY and can follow directions and can do some easy soldering. But I'm not an expert in electronics. By using completed modules I hope I can easily assembly a complete amplifier. Is this feasible? Since I need 16 channels the total amount will easily be 900-1000$ so I don't want to make a big expensive misstake. Is this feasible.

i would like to use the L20d for bass and L15d for mid but use the same smps.
What would the most appropriate voltage be that would work optimally for both? eg 60V ??

Just use the L20D for everything.. that way you can use one 70V supply.. There is only about $5 difference between them anyway..
The difference between the L20D and L15D, besides the Power Mosfet is basically due to the adjustments for higher PS voltages and thus higher current outputs