My design L20D IRS2092+IRFI4020H 200W8R

Can you please name real sellers for your boards...I belive that there are number of fake ones...I'm looking for l15dsmd...tnx
You just need to check L15DSMD
There should be no counterfeit goods.
Do not query the IRS2092 amplifier. Many of these Chinese produced products have quality issues.
My model is L15DSMD. Or L15D is not a problem. You can purchase a cheaper agent

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230816-062441_(1).png
    Screenshot_20230816-062441_(1).png
    522.8 KB · Views: 66
  • Screenshot_20230816-062447_(1).png
    Screenshot_20230816-062447_(1).png
    668.8 KB · Views: 57
I built a 7 channel amplifier some years ago based on LJM's L15D boards and they've all run like a dream since, and sound fantastic. LJM's boards are very well designed and excellent quality, very close to Infineon's reference design, and I'm sure the SMD ones will be just as good.

Reactions: 1 user
I really home they are legit. Looks like these SMD version are little cheaper than through hole ones.
Also I have L12-2 from LJM and one of boards works perfectly but other one have some weird clipping on half rail and starts under 10v rms matter on frequency, I don't know what is wrong.

And for supply of those L15DSMD boards I have 2 transformers from Kenwood amplifier and each of them is same with 140w, but I'm wondering is it better if I use each transformer separately for 1 board with separate rectifier board or I should combine them and get bigger voltage and hook up both boards on 1 rectifying board? Each transformer has output 36-0-36v after rectifying into DC.

Personally, I would run each amp from a separate tranny. That would give you in effect a dual-mono amp. Stereo separation would be better and there would be no crosstalk between the two amps. This theoretically would give you better sonics as well. Over the years I've built a couple amps using ljm modules and they all performed fine - both with linear PSU or SMPS. I even have a couple of the newer SMD variant modules in a box somewhere. :) They really are very reliable and dynamic sounding little amps that sound very good indeed. That makes them a winner for the budget valued DIY'er.

Reactions: 1 user
Something like that I thought in my head but again I'm actually just noob without any degree about electronics but just love playing with amps and in general with electronics, and it's nice when someone confirms my thoughts. 😃 I heard first time about LJM and his amps from Michael from YouTube and he said for L12-2 is perfect amp and I decided to try and for 1 board which I think works good I'm very satisfied, and for also for L15D he said it's amazing modules so again I decided to try it. There is also one issue and that is voltage from tranny's, is there any easy way to make it higher up to 50v DC ?
Also would it be possible making autotransformer and using it for amplifier, I know they are more dangerous but with proper protection maybe would be good, specially if it's true that they can deliver up to 5x more power than normal 2x winding tranny in same size. 🧐