My design L20D IRS2092+IRFI4020H 200W8R

Do you offer any amp boards which use this IRF6645? I had a look on Taobao and only saw evaluation modules priced sky-high (upwards of 2500RMB).

I'm playing with your L15DSMD at the moment and I'd like to say it was a very good move to use those TIP41C and TIP42C transistors to power the front end OTA inside the IRS2092. I haven't seen any other boards on Taobao doing this but subjectively its so much better than using the internal zeners.

I don't have an irf6645. I mean it's going to be stronger. Good performance.
This is a theoretical direction. It's not that you have to make it.
It can draw conclusions. Higher voltage. More power. It's not the best direction.
Irfi4019 is second only to irf6645

A question as I am, at least mentally, getting ready to test the L20D modules. At first with a +/-72Vdc SMPS(I'll see if I can lower the output of the SMPS with a few volts using the pot next to the terminals).

To my question;
I know some digital amps go *pooff* if not connected to any load. Is this the case with this design?

And, not being very familiar with switch mode power supplies, is the pot there for the purpose of adjusting output voltage? If not, I'd think they wouldn't make it easily accessible?

What model/manufacturer is your power supply?

I don't know to be honest.
I had it confused with another powersupply I have, the "boxed in" type.

This is the information I have on it(and a few pics)

Switch Mode Power Supply (500VA) +/-70Vdc, +/-15Vdc 1A, +12Vdc 0.5A

Transformers: 0.1mm*100 Multistrand OCC enameled wire.

Efficiency: 90%

Dimensions: 100*133*50mm

Attachments

• 70V_dual_rail_SMPS_1.jpg
    70V_dual_rail_SMPS_1.jpg
    553 KB · Views: 268
  • 70V_dual_rail_SMPS_2.jpg
    70V_dual_rail_SMPS_2.jpg
    485.6 KB · Views: 270
  • 70V_dual_rail_SMPS_3.jpg
    70V_dual_rail_SMPS_3.jpg
    531.3 KB · Views: 259
  • 70V_dual_rail_SMPS_4.jpg
    70V_dual_rail_SMPS_4.jpg
    572.2 KB · Views: 259
  • 70V_dual_rail_SMPS_5.jpg
    70V_dual_rail_SMPS_5.jpg
    531.4 KB · Views: 254
SMPS Supply is out, atleast for the L20D

It's labeled +/-70Vdc, but powered up my DMM climbed to +/-74Vdc before I decided I didn't need to measure how far it would climb(this was in 10-15 seconds at the most) as it was already over the +/-72Vdc I read is the roof for the L20D modules. The switch mode supply was not loaded by anything while I measured this.

I may get one (for subwoofer, two Dayton 15" IB, connected in parallel in a W-baffle giving a 4ohm load) more powerful amp board based on the same concept, preferably a board that can handle a +/-80Vdc supply or more driving a 4Ohm load.

Any suggestions for such a board would be greatly appreciated.