My design L20D IRS2092+IRFI4020H 200W8R

In the ebay listing I bought mine from, a year or two back(still not in a case), it said +/-72Vdc.
Maybe that is a different version of the L20 digital amp modules?

The l20d can use a wide range of voltages.
For example, + - 60V, or + - 70V, 72V can also be used.
Because the manufacturer's components will also change. So sometimes I change some components.
But basically it won't change much.

Attachments

• IMG_6796_副本.JPG
    IMG_6796_副本.JPG
    135.3 KB · Views: 317
The l20d can use a wide range of voltages.
For example, + - 60V, or + - 70V, 72V can also be used.
Because the manufacturer's components will also change. So sometimes I change some components.
But basically it won't change much.
I did put in higher voltage capacitors, and I swapped the big resistors for higher rated brand name ones.
It's just sitting there waiting for me to either go with the +/-72Vdc SMPS or an "audio grade" toroidal transformer from toroidy and some 4x6800uF/100V Epcos capacitors(per rail).
In case of the latter, I'd have to get a new/used bigger enclosure.

Wow, I've looked at those "a ton of caps" boards.
I went the other way big cans that you bolt to the chassis and connect via screwterminals.

Edit: They were 4700uF/100V 4pcs/rail.

Attachments

• 20200922_093942.jpg
    20200922_093942.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 315
  • 20200922_094009.jpg
    20200922_094009.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 300
Last edited:
I did put in higher voltage capacitors, and I swapped the big resistors for higher rated brand name ones.
It's just sitting there waiting for me to either go with the +/-72Vdc SMPS or an "audio grade" toroidal transformer from toroidy and some 4x6800uF/100V Epcos capacitors(per rail).
In case of the latter, I'd have to get a new/used bigger enclosure.

I don't recommend SMPS.
It is used in general in the family. Actually, it only needs a small transformer.
For example, ac36-0-36 200va. About $20.
It's good to use l15d or l15dsmd.
There may be many problems with SMPS. And its power, does not judge the real power.

I do have the 600VA 0-?VAC + 0-?VAC.
I do remember it's ordered to be about +/-70Vdc after the rectifier bridge.

I have the Epcos cans, so might as well use them when I get around to wiring it up and putting it in a case, that's all that's left.

I've got a soft start ready for it as well.

I think the MOSFET produced by irfb4020 IR company has always had a big error recently.
Different places of origin differ too much. It mainly refers to the temperature.
So I'm going to modify the MOSFET. Refer to iraudamp9.
I changed to irfb4227 MOSFET. Irfi4227 is also used. Basically the same.

Attachments

• L25D-2020.JPG
    L25D-2020.JPG
    328.6 KB · Views: 238
A message to jlm_jlm

I would like to buy from you a class-d amplifier for my 4-ohm speakers.

Now I own your L25D 8-ohm amplifier, which is very good and reliable.

Your mail box is full so I can't post anything there.

yea i know my PM box is 100% full
But I don't know where to empty the mailbox.
I'm very slow to access the website here. I don't know what's going on. The success rate of opening a web page is about 50%. And it takes two minutes.
If you have any questions, please email me ljm_ljm@foxmail.com

I am thinking of putting my two Dayton 15" IB's in an W-baffle.
The two L20D boards I have should drive the Woofers quite nicely. I'll do dipole compensation either via a DCX2496 or one of my FreeDSP Classic boards.
My preamp, a BCL clone headamp w raised bias, should have no problem driving driving a poweramp and whatever DSP I wind up using(followed by the L20D's) in parallel.
I've done similar in the past when using a passive x-over for mids/highs and active x-over for the woofers.

SQ in comparison?

I've not gotten this up and running yet due to my chronic pain.
I was just curious if anyone has compare the L20D to UcD400 or IcePower ASP500?
I'm asking as I've heard those, I regret selling a very well built UcD400 with a linear PSU with RIFA PEH169(IIRC) 22000uF/rail, and I'm curious to how those having heard these in comparison to the L20D rate them SQ-wise.