My design L20D IRS2092+IRFI4020H 200W8R

Nice to your attention.

The two are all I have provided.

L20D is the first one, mono versions, I design.

Another double track is provided by the company of IR sample, it has more restrictions.

Including the voltage, over-voltage protection, and the output of the dc disconnect PWM protection function.

Suitable for a double track the amplifier. Or, more like IRAUDAMP7 reference version of friends.

It is also very low distortion, I believe that IR engineers can be fully play AMP7S-200 performance.

Also thank their reference version of the design let me get reference model.

Thank you very much for your information.

Have a wonderful day.

Rod

Hi.....,

I'm interest to build this amp, but i'm not expert in electronic

can someone please let me know, is this hard to build?
I'm planning to build 5 channel power amps using L20D, i have 625va 2x40v toroidal transformer and 6 x 18000uf 63v capacitor for psu is that enough?

Please help! Advice would be really appreciated

Jopie

Is there a better value than the Connexeletronics SMPS800R @ +/- 72v?
I would like to be able to help you answer this question, but I have had a Connexelectronics 72V power supply on order since August 1. On August 13 I received the following answer when I asked about a shipping date: "voltages different than default ones require custom transformer, and takes more .. i should get it next week, install test and send. as soon as i get the trk number i send you, please wait till then"

It is August 26th. When I get a tracking number, or actually a power supply in my hands, I will post my assessment here...

Here are a L20D about the most basic of the connection diagram.

I think it will help.

Attachments

• L20D连接图.jpg
    L20D连接图.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 3,255
I would like to be able to help you answer this question, but I have had a Connexelectronics 72V power supply on order since August 1. On August 13 I received the following answer when I asked about a shipping date: "voltages different than default ones require custom transformer, and takes more .. i should get it next week, install test and send. as soon as i get the trk number i send you, please wait till then"

It is August 26th. When I get a tracking number, or actually a power supply in my hands, I will post my assessment here...

I ordered one as well, and have heard nothing about shipping at all. Very poor communications from Connexeletronics.

-Jim

Jim,

i have sent you few mails already, last one one hour ago. please check and reply. i told you in a previous mail that i haven't got the mail from you. is not something new, 1 out of 10 messages are not getting tru maybe has something to do with this. Google
i also use a yahoo account with the same name, i wrote about this in the threads at Connexelectronic section. why i not use an email registered on connexelectronic domain ? because this too is working just randomly.

Trevor: one of the power supplies which you ordered required custom transformer, since you asked to be 70V version. i told you and to every customer which order any power supply which require custom transformer that it will take with about one two weeks more than normal time. it is written here as well. Connexelectronic
why it takes longer ? because i have to submit a new order for transformer(s) at factory and they would not make it if there are at least 5-10 pcs. so on one hand i have to gather at least 5 transformers from 5 orders or just make few more even if i need just one. and for some voltages, i really don't need to make stock. even so, it cost more than 15 usd for a small transformer to make if is just sample, as considered by the factory when i order few pcs. the alternative would be to make them myself. i do this, but only for prototypes, i cannot afford to spend 1-2-3 hours making a transformer every time.
one important aspect which customers didn't noticed is that i do not charge anything extra for flexibility of choosing a custom voltage. although the transformers cost about 2-3 times more, in some cases need more expensive diodes or capacitors, and need another hour or two to install, change the feedback resistors, bias, loop compensation, test the power supply. in a customer order an of-the-shelf voltage power supply, i just take it from the available ones, pack, and send. no need all the hassle described above.
I am sorry if i made some ppls to be disappointed by apparently poor services. Having very few customers which really appreciate that i can offer voltages which are not easy available or at reasonable price, and few more which mail me almost daily asking why is not sent yet, i will make a clear list with available voltages, and if anyone will need some voltage which is not available, i will write down clear when placing the order to know this aspect, and it will cost more with 15-25% of the power supply price. in this way i will cover the extra cost, and the customer will realize that it cost more because there is something special about that.

The transformer came last week, i installed and test it for few days, i can't afford to risk to have a DOA smps. i took a picture of the board before packing. i passed the package to the shipping company already.

Another aspect, shipping delays. in the past weeks, in Shenzhen, the city where i am working, was held one important sport event, the 26'th universiade games. this lead to huge shipping delays, packages stuck at china post, and the last moment solution was to send the packages to another city and post them there. some of you will have the surprise to see that the package come from Shanghai, Xiamen, Chengdu.

I am getting mails from some customers saying that i;m not able to conduct my business. i agree. i am not a businessman, i am just an engineer, i do what i do just because i enjoy to do, not for money, i have a daytime job like most of you, and the income which i get from connex would not allow me to abandon for the moment. perhaps if i would do it like a business, just for money, the results would differ, better or worse ???

Because i was offtopic, i would like to ask the moderators to move this post(s) here to not interfere with the current discussion. http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/vend...io-amplifier-kits-modules-many-others-15.html

thank you for understanding.

Attachments

• DSC00039.JPG
    DSC00039.JPG
    135.4 KB · Views: 3,080
Cristi,
I have received the last email from you and look forward to getting the 2 SMPS's from you to build my new amp.

You'll have to excuse us for being a bit antsy. In the world of the internet we expect everything to happen instantly and I know that while running a small business as a part time job that rarely happens. I'm very happy that you are able to make these SMPS for us. You have the best price, features, and flexibility by a long margin when it comes to power supplies for audio equipment.

-Jim

Cristi,
Sorry for the inconvenience. My fault - I said "around 70V" and assumed you would send me a 72V version, which you had listed as a standard product, perhaps tweaking the feedback voltage resistor for me.

Communication is the issue. When I order something off of Ebay I get a flood of (automated) emails confirming the purchase, then I get an email when it is shipped, and emails if it can't be shipped by the promised date. Perhaps, whenever you have to order a special part, and when you ship, you could put a 1-line email together? If you had told me that 70V was special I would have asked you what you already had available, as anywhere 65-75V is good enough for me. :)

I saw the banners advertising the Universiade games when I visited Shenzhen earlier this year, so I understand it is an important event for the city. But Chengdu is a long way to send a package, the games must really have caused you problems :(

Next time I visit Shenzhen (probably later this year), let's meet for tea (or coffee) and discuss, one engineer to another, how the world has changed, and where it is going :) And, of course, the latest chips and stuff :)

Thanks for 'being there' and helping us all out by making these superb power supplies. I had a detailed look at everything else available, and your products and service are exceptionally good.

Hi.....,

I'm interest to build this amp, but i'm not expert in electronic

can someone please let me know, is this hard to build?
I'm planning to build 5 channel power amps using L20D, i have 625va 2x40v toroidal transformer and 6 x 18000uf 63v capacitor for psu is that enough?

Please help! Advice would be really appreciated

Jopie

I think this is feasible. Although the voltage a little low.
However, impact will not be great.

Cristi,
Sorry for the inconvenience. My fault - I said "around 70V" and assumed you would send me a 72V version, which you had listed as a standard product, perhaps tweaking the feedback voltage resistor for me.

Communication is the issue. When I order something off of Ebay I get a flood of (automated) emails confirming the purchase, then I get an email when it is shipped, and emails if it can't be shipped by the promised date. Perhaps, whenever you have to order a special part, and when you ship, you could put a 1-line email together? If you had told me that 70V was special I would have asked you what you already had available, as anywhere 65-75V is good enough for me. :)

I saw the banners advertising the Universiade games when I visited Shenzhen earlier this year, so I understand it is an important event for the city. But Chengdu is a long way to send a package, the games must really have caused you problems :(

Next time I visit Shenzhen (probably later this year), let's meet for tea (or coffee) and discuss, one engineer to another, how the world has changed, and where it is going :) And, of course, the latest chips and stuff :)

Thanks for 'being there' and helping us all out by making these superb power supplies. I had a detailed look at everything else available, and your products and service are exceptionally good.

It is within this voltage can work well.
+ -60V ----- + - 80V
I often +-50V when the test is normal, but if a lower working voltage.

This performance can change the number of resistance will not decrease.

ljm_ljm@foxmail.com

Last edited:
What is this,
Can i understand it?

I ordered a power supply that would work well with your amplifiers and was having problems with communication with that company. I'm hoping that those problems have been resolved, but I still haven't heard anything about shipping after nearly 2 weeks. This is not your problem ljm_ljm and probably shouldn't be in this thread.

-Jim

I still haven't heard anything about shipping after nearly 2 weeks.
If i remember correctly, our last email exchange was 3 days ago, sunday 28'th.
before that i have sent you a mail in 27'th regarding the answer to a mail sent to me in 22, to which i replied and the answer has't arrived to you. if i'm wrong, please tell me, i will check again all the mails and post a screenshot if need.
By now, i passed your package to the shipping company, i got the tracking number today, RA144077045CN and should be traceable next days.
Now, if the next question is why i haven't replied to the last mail sent in 28'th, is that because i haven't saw any question in it or something which would expect an answer. besides that, will all the current email problems, i prefer to spend the little time when i can connect to mail answering the mails which i receive daily.

Cristi, I'm not trying to get in a ******* match with you. I like what you do and respect your engineering skills.
Me countering your arguments is inappropriate for this thread. Suffice it to say that I think you would gain much good will from your customers if you would keep them better informed. I understand you have email problems. However, updating order status on your website is not email related. My order right now shows "processing" even though you provided a tracking number above. I want you to succeed, where else is there to buy quality SMPS at a low price for amplifiers like lim_ljm's? Nowhere!

-Jim

Last edited:
Me neither, but i found unfair the affirmation below, from post #48 while we have exchanged mails before you mentioned this and i answered to each of your mails. i try as best as i can to reply to each mail in real time, considering that i get 40, 50, 60 mails every day, some are half page long, others have questions which have the exact answer in the product manuals (the ones which have, i can't find time to write for all) some customers want an urgent answer (matters of minutes, or max. few hours) without considering the time shift. while is daytime in US or western Europe, here is evening or midnight, at this can be another reason why i can't answer in time. also, i cannot check if each mail which i sent had been actually received. recently, i use to spend at least 2-3 hours daily just answering mails, already more than i spend designing or doing something new. the result can be seen here as well. http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/connexelectronic/171189-new-products-available.html the last update was 1 June. i'm not proud or happy with that.
I ordered one as well, and have heard nothing about shipping at all. Very poor communications from Connexeletronics.
-Jim

latter ed. all the orders are "processing" even those delivered long time ago, since i have no access to admin control panel just from time to time, when i go in HK or if i use a vpn. i'm struggling to move the hosting to USA or somwhere else.

Last edited: