Suggestions for a build.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2009
Hello.

I am looking for suggestions for a new build. I read the previous threads but my requisites are a tad different.

I am learning about SMPS and class d amps. The best method of learning for me is to learn the theory and put it in practice right away.

I would like to build a 4 channel system for a friend's car. Good power levels are required but most of all good sound quality (my friend understood fairly quickly that thos 12000w amps on ebay are not good at all :) )

I would also like (and here is the difference) to construct and assemble the amps and power supply from the bare pcb board. I print my own circuits so any suggestions should contain ready to print pcb masters.

Any help would be welcome. I will then extensively study the schemes and layout of the proposed amps/Power supply.

Thanks!

Disabled Account
Joined 2009
I am sorry didn't want to sound rude :)

I thought the poster wanted to suggest buying a fully assembled, off the shelf commercial audio amplifier rather than building one. I understad there are implications with designing a board, tracing and testing for uknowns. I wanted simply to find good power ad amplifier DIY kits I could still comprehend by soldering individual components, studying the schematics and the thoery behind them.

:)

Disabled Account
Joined 2009
thanks for the suggestions.

Just for curiosity.

How would a combination of 2 car smps modules from connexelectronic (rated 500w I believe) and 4 IRS2092 based amps (with +/- 52 vdc rails) sound like for a general use, high power 4ch car system?

I really need to get some casings out of the way and this combination seems a very good way to get rid of a big one I have lyign around. Once that is done I can start exploring a more DIY approach.

Thanks!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.