ebay TA2022 amp board w/tube pre ..opinions?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
As a novice: Keep your fingers off or you might get killed!!!

-Tube units have hazardous life dangerous high voltages. Board design and assembly need to respect this and take special preparations.
On the photo it seems to me that they have just ignored all the rules you need to obey dealing with high voltages. THEY MIGHT WANT TO KILL YOU!!!

This should be enough but there is even more:
-You might get probs with the high voltage power supply needed for the tube.
Power supply: AC 9V-0V *1 , AC 22V-0V-22V *1 /4.5A
This might not be right.
-Looking at the shape of the PCB there is no doubt that the whole unit was originally planned to be mounted together with a toroidal transformer into a case.
The unit is a left over or even has beeb sorted out by original producer with quality issues.

All of you: keep away!

I'd be more concerned about the quality of what comes out the end then how dangerous it is. My first impression is why bother with a tube in the first place. Looks gimmicky

True, I don't know if there are real sonic benefits with a tube buffer or not, maybe some gain advantage perhaps? I admit that I'm also wanting the aesthetic of a tube; I had an idea for a design for the case with the tube showing through at the front.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.