Purpose-built Boominator PCB project

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Bit of a thread resurrection here! I have restarted my boominator mini project, so I set up a prototype to make sure the amp works as I expected. So it all works well although I've not tested the solar power in nor the LEDs.

One thing I am interested in is using a R-Pi and Hifiberry combination to provide the audio source (wireless in the garden). This uses the 5v power out.

I tried one old Pi/hifiberry combo and it worked well until I realised it's not wireless (doh)!

So I tried a new Pi/hifiberry combo that has USB-C power input. I've wired a "standard" USB extension lead to the +5v and gnd by chopping off the male end.

The Pi boots and works and plays music, but is noisy. High pitched and a bit scrunchy. It's a background noise which is covered up when the music is playing. If I power the Pi from its mains charger there is no noise.

The older Pi that has a micro-usb connection was also noise free.

If there is anyone with any thoughts, I'm all ears, as it were! Thanks in advance.
Graham

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.