Hypex Ncore

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is sad for me

It is sad for me to have get rid of my ncore, but it is necessary for me. I have wires and packaging original.
Only mounted once and practically unused.
Is anyone interested?.

Attachments

• ncore.jpg
    ncore.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 493
Yes it's technically safe, but if your source outputs DC then bye bye compression driver. I would use a large DC blocking cap in series with the compression driver anyway, it's such a cheap way to protect against mistakes.

I would put the cap at the ncore input - that allows you to use a much smaller cap, instead of a bipolar electrolyte or something equally horrible.

I would put the cap at the ncore input - that allows you to use a much smaller cap, instead of a bipolar electrolyte or something equally horrible.

That would also work. But in the case that the NCore fails one or two big say 10 uF MKS caps isn't a big price to pay for extra safety =)

But mostly it's just that I would put a protection cap inside the speaker so if I sometime feels like swapping amps and connect the wrong cables I will still have a tweeter afterwards.

That would also work. But in the case that the NCore fails one or two big say 10 uF MKS caps isn't a big price to pay for extra safety

Not a big price in terms of money and complexity, but many of us who use active crossovers do it (among other reasons) to avoid analog crossovers and associated phase issues. Your 10 uF cap is the HF part of a 1st order Butterworth at 4 kHz (assuming 4 ohm tweeters).

Disabled Account
Joined 2014
Finally got around to rebuilding my amps with better parts-Furotech, Cardas. Also used a jeweler's loupe to compensate for extremely poor vision. Now I can see that I don't know how to solder. Nevertheless, plugged them in and I'll be darned if they don't sound just as good as they did yesterday. I'm able to imagine that I hear small preferred differences. Wifey thinks she hears clear differences but then again doesn't really listen and doesn't care. Maybe a gambit to keep me from the upgrade itch. Something I rarely scratch. The 400's are a no brainer to assemble. If I can do it . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.