Hypex Ncore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Installed IEC inlet and Apem 641H on/off switch. Ok installation?:

2013-04-25-1655_2_zps44db02bb.jpg

2013-04-25-1652_2_zps30b8ea94.jpg

Ok, finally after a long time i did finalize my ncore monoblock.

Was not sure how to connect earth to XLR contact. A picture:

I did connect shield from signalcable from ncore module to pin1 on XLR contact, this is not very visible on picture. Also did connect to same pin (1) an cable to chassi, And finally i did connect the black thin cable to the other fastening scew of XLR contact, not very visible on picture. I was not sure how this is done best and after looking at many pictures of others build i had no clear picture what was best since i did see a lot of different connections. Is my connection of XLR OK you think??

Also an picture of the whole amp:

2013-04-28-1664_zpsd199c8d3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I´m aware that some cables are unnecessary long, but did not want to cut them to short if i hade to make changes.

Have not tried them yet, any checklist beföre powering them up?

Last edited:
I did connect shield from signalcable from ncore module to pin1 on XLR contact, this is not very visible on picture. Also did connect to same pin (1) an cable to chassi, And finally i did connect the black thin cable to the other fastening scew of XLR contact, not very visible on picture.

Only things I can think of is to make the shield from the signal cable go to the chassis screw instead of pin 1, and make the pin1-to-chassis cable even shorter, but those are really minor things - I think your system will be totally OK.

I´m aware that some cables are unnecessary long, but did not want to cut them to short if i hade to make changes.

Do you have 2 wires per speaker outlet pin? I might have tried to keep the positive and negative twisted together slightly further along, and tried to avoid the loop in the speaker wires close to the amp circuits, but again, I don't think it will be an issue.

Have not tried them yet, any checklist beföre powering them up?

I tested the power supplies without amps (feeding a couple of power resistors) just to be sure - if you do that, make sure you allow lots of time for the caps to discharge before connecting the amps. I also tried with a cheap car loudspeaker first, before connecting an expensive speaker.

Only things I can think of is to make the shield from the signal cable go to the chassis screw instead of pin 1, and make the pin1-to-chassis cable even shorter, but those are really minor things - I think your system will be totally OK.

Thanks for advice, as you wrote belov i agree i shoud have done as you say. Mabye i correct to that wiring after i powered up and tested them which i haven´done yet. I thought that my wiring would be slighly the same since screen and pin1 cable would share contact anyway.

About the rest of the cables, speaker wire and also signalcable i will be shorten down when i tested and see if i have to do any changes.

I'm about to build my passive two-way Abbey speakers in to active using a miinDSP. My inital thought was to use UcD modules because this is primarily a surround setup and due to price. Seing used Ncore modules being sold, I have wondered however if I should use Ncore for the tweeter and UcD400HG for the midrange/bass woofer. The tweeter (B&W DE-250) is crossed at 1kHz.

Any reasson why this shouldn't work well? Using Ncore for both drivers isn't an option, at least not in the beginning. Too pricey, especially since we're also talking about a center speaker. My surround speakers will remain passive and driven by UcD180HG.

Status
Not open for further replies.