Hypex Ncore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

If I interpret your photo 0765.jpg correct I can't see any wire connected to pin 3. Assuming you have female XLR connectors pin layout seen from rear looks as below, see link.
- - > 3 Pin XLR Wiring Diagram toffer.com

When building my nCore monoblocks I made a mistake soldering the XLR connector (mixed pins) and had similar problem as you describe, see my amps here (LarsSt):

- - > Hypex NCore question and answers

Update,

I have been successfully running the second dual-mono amp since last evening without issue. This amp is a mirror build of the first one that had an issue with the one NC400 module. If nothing else, at least this tells me that the wiring/layout is correct and the most likely cause of my previous issue is too aggressive OCP setting as Julf made mention to.

So I guess I'm off to RMA land and will be contacting Hypex.

At least I have one amp pair to keep me occupied for now. These are impressive sounding amps thus far! Can't wait to hear what 4 of them will sound like on my B&W 803di2

Thanks again to all for your assistance

Hi,
Is it possible to run three ncores from one (remote) PSU? I am looking at going full active with my speakers, but can only just squeeze three ncores into my Hexateq enclosures. I am thinking of putting an SMPS into a seperate box and running a nice thick 8-core cable to the amp.

I know that up to two NC400 per SMPS600 is recommended, but in this case one amp would only be driving a few watts into a tweeter, and the mid range on my speakers is 16ohms, so that would also be a nice easy load.

Any suggestions?

Kind regards,
Edward

Hi,
Is it possible to run three ncores from one (remote) PSU? I am looking at going full active with my speakers, but can only just squeeze three ncores into my Hexateq enclosures. I am thinking of putting an SMPS into a seperate box and running a nice thick 8-core cable to the amp.

I know that up to two NC400 per SMPS600 is recommended, but in this case one amp would only be driving a few watts into a tweeter, and the mid range on my speakers is 16ohms, so that would also be a nice easy load.

Any suggestions?

Kind regards,
Edward

My guess would be that power should not be a problem in your case.

My concern would rather be the length of the DC power line with which you will connect the smps to the ncores.

Many other amps prove sensitive to (amongst other parameters) the added inductance of long DC supply lines.
(don't know specifically about the scores though...)

-So you should probably try to keep the DC supply lines as short as possible or experiment with some local decoupling at the amp modules...

Best,

Last edited:
Got a mail from Hifi2000, my cases for the Ncore's and DLCP are finished and on their way!:)

Attachments

• IMG_2907.JPG
    IMG_2907.JPG
    17.3 KB · Views: 548
Status
Not open for further replies.