Hypex Ncore

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not know. Depends on the context I guess.

One theoretical pro for bridging is that noise from the power supply is cancelled out, if the same PS is used for the two bridged amplifiers.

Some theoretical pros for bi-amping is higher damping factor, and that lower impedance speakers can be used.

Isn't the power supply noise already cancelled due to smart designing of the amp? I think it was described a while ago when the discussion was SMPS vs linear PSU and some people more knowledgeable than me discussed that.

My friend was pretty sure beforehand that bridging would not be worth it. That was what his theoretical knowledge told him. Then he experienced the opposite when we tested it. He was surprised.

Sure, but is there a possibility that the bridged version was louder? In a blind listening test I did, people preferred a lower bitrate, lesser bit depth sample just because it was 1 dB louder than the others.

Sure, but is there a possibility that the bridged version was louder? In a blind listening test I did, people preferred a lower bitrate, lesser bit depth sample just because it was 1 dB louder than the others.

How is the above anymore factual than: "we compared my A and his B - then he also did A"?

Julf, I think it is better that you assume all reported listening impressions to be "subjective truths" unless otherwise stated and stop endlessly asking the same question...

If anything else is stated THEN caution is advised :eek:

cheers,

Last edited:
How is the above anymore factual than: "we compared my A and his B - then he also did A"?

Maybe not more factual, but definitely more objective and reproducible.

Julf, I think it is better that you assume all reported listening impressions to be "subjective truths" unless otherwise stated and stop endlessly asking the same question...

Sure - point taken. Just hoping we could finally have some actual facts instead of opinions...

Status
Not open for further replies.