Hypex Ncore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Components have distortion and 'signature'. Playing with the last 0.0001% can be expensive, can improve a little the last millimeter. But, if i agree to fight against stupid oil snake, some tips, if they are understood, and the technical reasons explained, are real and can measured.
your are not disagreeing with me, or Bruno, for that matter :)

mr_push_pull , you have quoted under my pseudo a text with was not mine !
noted, sorry about that. the edit time-out expired. the quote:
But because of the good specs and the stigma of class-d some publications have maybe overly implicated that. Crowds don't like winners they didn't choose. I just hope its not all bashing, but there are some constructive points too that pushes the technology further.
belongs to user 3lviz, not Esperado.

look guys, you are really distracting me from writing that appreciation letter, see you later.

Thanks for the accusatory insult....

No, because I think EVERYTHING can be improved.. It's called innovation and progress. Statements and discussion about possibilities can spark ideas..

Really Julf, I have been a supporter of Hypex from day one, why would you even begin to Assume something like that?

Thanks for the accusatory insult....

This is the internet, after all...

No, because I think EVERYTHING can be improved..

Absolutely. But unless you have a solid university education in electrical engineering and a lot of industry experience, you are unlikely to be able to improve on the current designs.

My message was not directed at you specifically, but at all the audiophile "tweakers" who think that there are all these engineers and designers with an advanced education and decades of industry experience who suddenly just forget to use the proper grade of capacitor or connector - but fortunately there will always be the enthusiast who knows better and will sort it out.

Really Julf, I have been a supporter of Hypex from day one, why would you even begin to Assume something like that?

This is not about supporting Hypex or not - I hope the explanation above clarifies my point of view.

This is the internet, after all...

Absolutely. But unless you have a solid university education in electrical engineering and a lot of industry experience, you are unlikely to be able to improve on the current designs.

My message was not directed at you specifically, but at all the audiophile "tweakers" who think that there are all these engineers and designers with an advanced education and decades of industry experience who suddenly just forget to use the proper grade of capacitor or connector - but fortunately there will always be the enthusiast who knows better and will sort it out.

This is not about supporting Hypex or not - I hope the explanation above clarifies my point of view.

+1

You and ds23man sound like snobs who think they know it all.

The ncore400 will not fit for everybody, i think it fit just for a very view people. Like a lot of class D products. Personaly i can not listen longer then 30 minutes to a class D product whitout getting the urge of throwing it in the carbage can.
The last 30 years the engineers designed the CD player, class D amps, very advanced loudspeaker systems but the really best systems i heared had turntables, tube amps and openbaffle speakers. But i am just an old man.

A view Ncore users in the Netherlands have exchanged they ncore400 for a UCD700lp because of the lack of controll. Mostly because they had low impedance speakers or electrostats. It is only dissapointing that hypex not sale that module to the normal consumer. It cost only 35% of de ncore400 and has some better specs.

Last edited:
I just discovered a new application for the ncore: it can be a radio! I had hooked it up to my DAC using some interlink I had laying around. when I stopped listening music, I just switched off the squeezebox, and left the ncore and DAC on. I could hear BBC radio 1 from my speakers :D after switching to a decent pair of interlinks all is quiet again....

Koifarm:

I suggest not to buy a Hypex amp if you don't like them. No one is saying you should and if someone does, you still don't have to. I don't like a lot of different amps, so i don't buy them. Still, i don't feel like everyone should know how i feel about about those miscarriages of engineering.

Put simply, i don't see your point, but just trolling.

Personaly i can not listen longer then 30 minutes to a class D product whitout getting the urge of throwing it in the carbage can.
I have 2 remarks. First, it seems you affirm all class D sound the same ? What would you think if I wrote: I do not like Class AB amps ? Stupid , isn't-it ?
Second, fast amps can sound aggressive on bad speakers, but it is not the Amp's fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.