Hypex Ncore

Status
Not open for further replies.
The same gauge as the original cable... It would be very nice nice if Hypex makes a new version of the smps600 with TWO microfit connectors!

Lets get up to 3 then!
And reduce the hight so it can fit a 1U rack enclosure!

In fact Y cable (or W as I need 3!) would already be sufficient.

Well, if at least they could sell the raw cables so we could mess with them without remorse...

If I get this right, you found the cast silver at a bargain price?
just the cu version who won the humble cap test :737,5 EUR :
Duelund Coherent Audio » Duelund Capacitors » CAST Cu » Duelund CAST Cu Capacitor 10uF
the silver last time I checked vas 1200EUR (just for friends ;0)
price only by request due to silver price changing :rolleyes:

It is my opinion that the role of capacitor is overstated
as a source of distortion and sonic degradation.

Which XLR cables for Ncore?

Hallo,
I just ordered a fully balanced Wyred 4 Sound preamp to drive my Ncores and I need to get balanced XLR cables, too. Any suggestions which ones to use? I thought about ordering Hypex HG interlinks but I shied away from their price, although Bruno is not prone to Hifi Voodoo as we know. Any alternatives? What do you folks use?

Hallo,
I just ordered a fully balanced Wyred 4 Sound preamp to drive my Ncores and I need to get balanced XLR cables, too. Any suggestions which ones to use? I thought about ordering Hypex HG interlinks but I shied away from their price, although Bruno is not prone to Hifi Voodoo as we know. Any alternatives? What do you folks use?

Especially with balanced cables it really doesn't matter that much, any decent ones will do the job just great. I am using cat-6 as I need multiple channels.

Blue Jeans Cable, recommended by a lot of people, seem to use Belden 1800F.

I am encouraged by the fact that they actually publish technical data on their cables instead of the typical high-end mumbo-jumbo.

I also use BJ cables, but had them make some special plenum rated Belden twinaxial cable which they do not list on their website, but their companion company sells. I do like Bruno's cables though. His pro site Grimm Audio has similar cables for over $500 pair. regards

Right - with balanced cables, a decent low-impedance source, and a true differential input circuit, I wouldn't worry about cable brand unless the cables were really long (over 30 m / 100 feet).

Status
Not open for further replies.