Hypex Ncore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a little expensive for something you can barely hear ? :)
Do you really get it ?:
Thats one major fault with "Hi-Fi": do you really want a capacitor that sounds good?
the ideal capacitor is no capacitor, so the less you hear it, the more value it has
ds23man:
a lot of jokes and double meanings get lost in translation and state of mind, but for the record: Duelund caps are good, they are for sure not rebranded, but the real value of things is up to the one who are "in need" :D

My take on this r141 matter is that with r141 there is a very faint "hiss" when my ear is on the tweeter. That could be because of my build, or not. The noise is very very faint. It is there preamp connected and unconnected. I also have calibrated the input and output. The "hiss" does not get any louder when the volume on the preamp goes louder. But, without r141 there is no "hiss" on my setup, since it drops below my ability to hear even when my ear is on the tweeter.

My current speakers are 90dB efficiency. If i was using very efficient speakers (like 100dB+) with nCore, of course i'd try the modules without the r141. I don't see why one wouldn't. Currently i am using the ones with r141, since i need more headroom for digital room correction.

Desoldering r141 was a problem for me too, but instead of using too much force and getting too hasty, i asked for help in this thread. I got help and then it was very easy to remove them. However, I feel bad that some have not succeeded in this :/.

sorry for misunderstanding your'e underlining my sarkasm, but it lately it seems some are really serious in their outrageous statements
I was hoping we can continue the troll, arguing against each other :)
Look at that:
Humble Homemade Hifi
Can-you imagine this guy, listening to all those caps and giving (serious) a note to them ?
... And the winner is...

I was hoping we can continue the troll, arguing against each other :)
Look at that:
Humble Homemade Hifi
Can-you imagine this guy, listening to all those caps and giving (serious) a note to them ?
... And the winner is...

I almost always have a smile and a positive layer underneath my words ;0)

you really need a good humorous sense to survive in "HiFi", like if one even tries to imagine a setup, burn-in, optimization and listening for all character differences he comes up with. I'm beyond words

My take on this r141 matter is that with r141 there is a very faint "hiss" when my ear is on the tweeter. That could be because of my build, or not. The noise is very very faint. It is there preamp connected and unconnected. I also have calibrated the input and output. The "hiss" does not get any louder when the volume on the preamp goes louder. But, without r141 there is no "hiss" on my setup, since it drops below my ability to hear even when my ear is on the tweeter.

My current speakers are 90dB efficiency. If i was using very efficient speakers (like 100dB+) with nCore, of course i'd try the modules without the r141. I don't see why one wouldn't. Currently i am using the ones with r141, since i need more headroom for digital room correction.

Desoldering r141 was a problem for me too, but instead of using too much force and getting too hasty, i asked for help in this thread. I got help and then it was very easy to remove them. However, I feel bad that some have not succeeded in this :/.
With my 108db sensitive speakers I can hear a little hiss when listening very close to the horns, removing the R141 dampens this of course, as well as the noise of whatever I put in front of the ncore. Several different units tried in front have higher noisefloor than the ncore.
What works best for me is to solve the problem where is starts, and adjusting gain before the ncore. This have furthermore proven ( in my case ) to be better for several different circuits driving the ncore

Oooh, but he did, everyone against each other;) it was half a lifetime project:D

This doesn't sound like the results of a double-blind ABX: "very rich in harmonic textures and quite spatious. When fresh out of the box they can be a bit "chesty" or "nasal" sounding but they mellow out after quite some time of use (several hundred hours). Their tonal balance is very neutral and smooth, words like natural and analogue come to mind. Imaging depth is very good but not quite at the same level as their paper-in-wax or polyester-in-oil stable mates."

:)

you really need a good humorous sense to survive in "HiFi", like if one even tries to imagine a setup, burn-in, optimization and listening for all character differences he comes up with. I'm beyond words
I always enjoy when i find a new commercial site, where some guy describe with poetic words the mysterious process and the fabulous sound of some audiophile cable handcrafted by virgins or a golden cone in solid unobtainium.
Or any company, using some technical word to make believe to naive audiophiles in the existence of a new evil they discovered and are alone to kill.
We have enough, oh my God, enough, yes, of real problems to solve in audio electronic in order to reproduce sounds in a credible way.
Bruno, a very good engineer, has demonstrated how, with a real scientific approach you can solve most of those problems. and offer for a reasonable price, a near ready to use amplifier witch is, no contest, one of the best in the world. Despite it is an evil Class D.

I always enjoy when i find a new commercial site, where some guy describe with poetic words the mysterious process and the fabulous sound of some audiophile cable handcrafted by virgins or a golden cone in solid unobtainium.
Or any company, using some technical word to make believe to naive audiophiles in the existence of a new evil they discovered and are alone to kill.
We have enough, oh my God, enough, yes, of real problems to solve in audio electronic in order to reproduce sounds in a credible way.
Bruno, a very good engineer, has demonstrated how, with a real scientific approach you can solve most of those problems. and offer for a reasonable price, a near ready to use amplifier witch is, no contest, one of the best in the world. Despite it is an evil Class D.

+1

So much bulls..t out there, imagine a youngster looking for a upgrade from his ipod, chances he will get a decent system is pretty slim, even if he don't get scared away in the first place, no wonder audio(music)freaks are a dying species
thumbs up for Bruno, really love my ncore

nCore Enclosure

I have a few enclosures left which - as it turns out - suit the nCore400 + SMPS600 beautifully. I can price these at €395 ex. vat and shipping for a pair. If you're interested then please drop me a line at info@hexateq.com

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-01-19 at 16.02.37.png
    Screen Shot 2013-01-19 at 16.02.37.png
    206.6 KB · Views: 450
  • Screen Shot 2013-01-19 at 14.17.40.png
    Screen Shot 2013-01-19 at 14.17.40.png
    886.3 KB · Views: 457
  • Screen Shot 2013-01-19 at 14.13.55.png
    Screen Shot 2013-01-19 at 14.13.55.png
    253.4 KB · Views: 434
  • Screen Shot 2013-01-19 at 14.13.43.png
    Screen Shot 2013-01-19 at 14.13.43.png