Hypex Ncore

Status
Not open for further replies.
To put things in perspective:

You can lower the gain of the ncore with 13db and in combination with a 113db compression driver you still have a 100db sensitivity. Combined with direct radiating drivers there is still a big mismatch......

you take parts out of the whole equation

lower the gain of the ncore will not change the sensitivity of the compression driver

And it is wise to put a capacitor in series with the driver as a safety device, remember the ncore is dc coupled! It would be very :eek: if a high DC voltage is applied to a nice TAD 4001 750 dollar diaphragm......

I am building a system with B&G RD-50's and I will put in a series C, if something goes wrong it would be a nice 50" Led Line for a short period......

Last edited:
And it is wise to put a capacitor in series with the driver as a safety device, remember the ncore is dc coupled! It would be very :eek: if a high DC voltage is applied to a nice TAD 4001 750 dollar diaphragm......

I am building a system with B&G RD-50's and I will put in a series C, if something goes wrong it would be a nice 50" Led Line for a short period......
may I reccomend:
Duelund Chorent audio have some nice ones called "Cast" series silver: only 1200-EUR for 10uF (1 pc.) you can barely hear them

Can anybody advice me how I can get the current to supply a led beam (2V) out of the SPMS600? There is an unused plug on the Ps and a white cable provided with the unit. Is this feasable to poer up a led? And if, how?
Or, if it doesn´t work with the SPMS600, how do you connect a led to indicate that the amp is turned on?

Will not be sufficient where I am... close to the north pole .. I'm currently developing 16 kW of heat from to wood stoves to keep warm.... oh I sometimes miss my class-A amps. ;)

And making it warmer for the rest of us too - wasn't there a recent report that wood fire smoke is a major cause of global warming? :)

At least my nCores don't contribute much, so I'll better go get my fleece jacket...

Status
Not open for further replies.