Hypex Ncore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any references to support that claim?

I agree that humans can hear signals caused by source signals that go up to 40 kHz if it is played at such extremely high levels that there is distortion and intermodulation products at audible frequencies.

And more importantly, since this is about *music*, do violins produce extremely high levels of >20KHz sound? No. Or any other instrument? No. Or voices? No.

So the debate about whether we could hear such sounds becomes irrelevant - they are not there in the source material in the first place.

Well! What I get from that is that either Audio Precision is very imprecise, that journalists from audio magazines haven't got a clue how to run the measuring gear, or Devialet performance is extremely inconsistent. Just looking at THD into 8 ohms, there is more than an order of magnitude difference between the two magazines' measurements, over 20dB in it.

What's a poor consumer to make of it?

Frank

Hello, thanks for your response but I don't think I understand what this means. Is "UcDxxxHg + HxR" different or the same technology as what is found in the NC400 everyone is building?

Has anyone attempted to team one of these NC400 amps with a traditional Class A/AB amp in a Bi-Amp configuration? If someone were to do this and taking into consideration the NC400's electrical behavior while attached to a speaker load which half of the speaker would be best suited for this type of Amp (ie..Mid/Tweet or Bass Drivers section)?

For the sake of example, lets say the speaker in question is a B&W 803 Diamond and the Class A/AB amp is a Pass Labs X250.

Thanks

Hello, thanks for your response but I don't think I understand what this means. Is "UcDxxxHg + HxR" different or the same technology as what is found in the NC400 everyone is building?

Has anyone attempted to team one of these NC400 amps with a traditional Class A/AB amp in a Bi-Amp configuration? If someone were to do this and taking into consideration the NC400's electrical behavior while attached to a speaker load which half of the speaker would be best suited for this type of Amp (ie..Mid/Tweet or Bass Drivers section)?

For the sake of example, lets say the speaker in question is a B&W 803 Diamond and the Class A/AB amp is a Pass Labs X250.

Thanks

The designer Bruno has described that the superiority of the NCore is in the midrange and upwards, especially in the high frequencies. In the bass he recommended the UCDs since he didn't seem to believe there would be any improvement here by using the more expensive NCore as long as it was a proper active setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.