Hypex Ncore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had similar problems/ Without warranty here the procedure written up by Ian based on my experience:

... instructions for DC and calibration reset

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/vendors-bazaar/190434-hypex-ncore-407.html#post3029221

Thanks for these instructions, but before I will calibrate, I tried the last step several times (using two alkaline 1,5 v batteries; according to my volt meter 3,2 volts in series).
Is this enough? I tried this several times as described.

After this step however, with nothing connected, the problem remains, the smps just seems to keep clickicking (protection I guess?).
I added a link to a sample I made of the clicking sound, I am not sure if this happens I can calibrate at all?
No lights are lit on the amp, I guess before that the amp might be switched of already?

Last edited:
Yes, SMPS was disconnected (nothing connected actually), so just the NC 400 module I applied the 3 V to pin 1 and 2.
When I disconnect the NC 400 form the SMPS600 and witch the SMPS on it clicks after 2 seconds once, and I expect that it is on. So no repetitive clicking sound every 2 sec, so I expect it to be ok?

At DC possibly. But how much at 50 Hz you think?

Wouldn´t that depend on the reactance of the coil, hence its inductance as you probably know...

If you imply to simply collate what make up the total impedance in terms of assessing the theoretical damping factor of the system (in relation to frequencies), then my guess is that something important is left out.

Have you tried various coils and resistors and heard their effects on a (bass) system? :)

cheers,

Seems like you have never listened to a low Q system.

My humble guess is that the low out put impedance was implied to maintain a low Q for the system.

It could sound like that you have gone to great lengths to get a low Q on the speaker side of things -only to depend on having some output resistance on the amplifier end. Nothing wrong with that, but a 0,03R coil sounds like an expensive solution if you really don´t want a total system Q that is as low as it provides.

What kind of woofers and enclosure do you have and whats the rest of the filter on the bass section, if I may ask?

My humble guess is that the low out put impedance was implied to maintain a low Q for the system.

It could sound like that you have gone to great lengths to get a low Q on the speaker side of things -only to depend on having some output resistance on the amplifier end. Nothing wrong with that, but a 0,03R coil sounds like an expensive solution if you really don´t want a total system Q that is as low as it provides.

What kind of woofers and enclosure do you have and whats the rest of the filter on the bass section, if I may ask?

I got those coils because of my amplifiers at that time. Earlier it was a DCA cast with 0,5 ohm . That was no good match for my non feedback The End XP . Now I have those coils and with my new amp it is just perfect. What difference do the rest of my filter make in this combination ? It is a 18 db acoustic filter and 12 db eletric. The enclosure is aprox 140 l.

This is to much about my speakers in this tread . Nothing more about them.

Disabled Account
Joined 2008
Wouldn´t that depend on the reactance of the coil, hence its inductance as you probably know...

If you imply to simply collate what make up the total impedance in terms of assessing the theoretical damping factor of the system (in relation to frequencies), then my guess is that something important is left out.

Have you tried various coils and resistors and heard their effects on a (bass) system? :)

cheers,

My point exactly. A 3.3 mH coil will have 1 ohm impedance at 50 Hz. Thus the driver will "see" a 1 ohm shunt impedance at 50 Hz.

I haven't crossed over sub's/woofers with a passive network since the 80's, so I really can't comment on your last question.

Status
Not open for further replies.