Hypex Ncore

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I want to feed one module with phase-inverted signal, I suppose I need a device or a circuit to split the signal of each channel to feed both modules (one with non-inverted phase, the other with inverted phase). What circuit or device is suitable? Do a simple Y-wiring would do the job (too simple to be be true I guess :confused:...)

As the nc400 inputs are true differential inputs, I am assuming you'd be totally OK with a simple Y cable that just has one of the nc400 input pairs reversed.

Is anybody else still waiting for their wk18 delivery?

Also, can somebody tell me how to open the holes on the 10mm front aluminum plate? I want to open a 19mm hole for the power button, do I use a 19mm drill or a smaller one and work my way up to 19mm?

I received mine last thursday, but I placed the order on 27th february! Already assembled and working, but don't ask me about sound quality (I'm still experimenting).
About the holes, you get a much easier and precise work with a vertical drill (a €50 chinese one is enough) and the right drill bit like this:
http://www.audiophonics.fr/accessories-stainless-hole-saw-c-37_481.html
I tried with a cheaper wood bit too http://www.pianetautensili.it/Public/Prodotti/resize/20105894326748Localmecchialegno.jpg and it worked. It gets ruined easily, but you can sharpen it again with a file.

Last edited:
This question is answered once every 100 pages of this thread or so. The gist of it is, as spelled out in sections 7.2 and 8.1 of the data sheet, use a supply that shuts down when pin 5 of the power connector is pulled low. This pin is pulled low when the NC400 finds the speaker output stuck at a high voltage.

The SMPS600 has this function. If, for reasons of philosophy*, you want to build your own linear supply, add disconnect relays between it and the power amp and make them respond to this line.

DO NOT USE SPEAKER RELAYS. Speakers are inductive little buggers and will sustain an arc across the relay contact long enough for it to weld shut. Speaker relays CAN AND WILL FAIL at the exact moment that you need them.

*Reasons of philosophy such as "not believing a switching supply sounds good and therefore concocting a linear contraption and then complaining about the result" ;)

Hi Sherlock, I have had very good results using a stepless pyramid drill, as used for automobile antennas, and using household spirit as ´drilling oil´. Use high speed and low pressure, and do it in small steps, and measure with the switch continually when you are working.File and sand smoothly afterwards.

Regards
Arthur.

Status
Not open for further replies.