Hypex Ncore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Robbbby,

How many did you get? Any idea why?

Mark

2 ncore & 2 smps

I knew I was going to get charged since the day I ordered, but it still always hurts.

I pay 13% sales tax (combination of federal and provincial) on everything I purchase including imported goods. Declared value of the ncores on the paperwork from hypex was about $1350 so 13% of that + $10 ups brokerage fee & the 13% tax on the brokerage.

Total was $184.50. Only way around it would have been having hypex mark the value lower or ship it to a US address and then smuggle it into Canada.

I'm sure it will be worth the extra $184.50 though :)

@RogerSch
Hi, RogerSch.
I have ordered same cases and am very interesting in yr expirience on this case assembly and the layout.
Would you mind to public a couple of pictures of NCore without the upper cover to have a close look at the inner parts, please.
That will help much.
Andrey
P.S. my first post here.

Ah, yes I'm that way too. *IF* I finally ever decide to buy some Hypex amps, I'll look at vertical bi-amping. I would like to keep the left and right channels of my amps and supplies totally separate.

I am keeping left and right separate too, but I am sharing one power supply for two amps - having the mid and treble amp sharing one supply, while the bass amps (2) have one supply between the two of them.

I'll need to split my interconnects with three wires emerging from each preamp output channel. Some cable makers like Purist Audio will build custom cables this way.

I though this was the DIYaudio forum :)

I am using a CAT6 cable - perfect for 3 audio pairs and one pair for remote on/off to the amps.

Or I could go all active with the Hypex DSP board...

That's what I am planning on, but using a DCX2496 until then,

@RogerSch
Hi, RogerSch.
I have ordered same cases and am very interesting in yr expirience on this case assembly and the layout.
Would you mind to public a couple of pictures of NCore without the upper cover to have a close look at the inner parts, please.
That will help much.
Andrey
P.S. my first post here.

Hi Asaf, that will be somewhere next week. Please send me an PM so I don't forget.

Regards

That is because the black one is nAMPON. It has to be connected to ground to turn on the amp.

I have to say the drawing and the documentation is one of the clearest I have come across. A lot better than the Ikea ones :)

:D Thank you I am a bit stressed for several reasons. I will connect the black to Powersupply ground. Why is it not connected on the board allready ?

Status
Not open for further replies.