Hypex Ncore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone list a good source for high quality amp cases? Even better if in North America. Has anyone had any experience with these guys: Chassis case item.
They have exactly what I'm looking for, but located in Taiwan. Their preamp cases look perfect for a stereo Ncore project.
We have used a bunch of cases from Par-metal. Seems like good products,but we have not tried many others
Par-Metal

It looks we need to hook up with a fabrication shop for a group buy to have some enclosures made for NCore monoblocks. Count me in if anyone knows of a source to have some enclosures made.
Here is an honestly priced source I use, they carry a huge selection also for heatsinks.
Their website is a bit messy but they can do custom on small quantities also. Case catalog is here (20MB), and this is their heatsink catalog.

This will be really nice

6moons.com audio reviews: Hexateq Premium 1.0 SE

open0.jpg

Sign me up for a DIY version of that chassis ! Bruno I think this thread and your participation in it has convinced me to retrofit my new home theater in planning with Hypex modules (currently thinking of 7 monoblocks of ncore and 2-3 channels of 1kw module for the subs, or more if i decide to go with active filtering)

Bruno,

That is a really nice looking Hexateq enclosure. I would be very interested in a custom enclosure like that and would be willing to pay for it. I have already ordered my 2 NCore amp modules and 2 SMPS600 power supplies and Jan-Peter said they should ship at the end of January.

I built my UCD400s in an enclosure from THL Audio. I was pleased with the enclosure. Certainly not the quality of the Hexateq enclosure, but it was sufficient.

Here is an enclosure from THL Audio that looks like it is very good quality. What do you think about this for the NCore enclosure?

Click on this link thlaudio web site pages and then look in the left-hand side menu for:

Chassis Case & Power Box

then click on:

Chassis Case & Heatsink

then scroll down the page to:

High grade chassis for amp.

PRAL-15307C All Alum. Chassis for Power.
Overall size: 15.5cm(W) x 30.5cm(D) x 7 cm(H)
Face Panel(curve): 30.5cm (W)x 7 cm(H), radian in edge at 5mm and middle point at 11mm in thickness
Thickness: side board/rear board at 12mm, top/bottom board at 5mm
Pre- cutout/hole:
- Led hole: 3mm dia

Back Panel Pre-cutout/hole;
- Power socket:eek:f 28 x 20 mm cut out , with 2 fixing screw hole, print in "AC110V, AC220V"
- Power Switch cutout:eek:f 14 x 20.5 mm, for snap-in type
- fuse hole in 13mm dia.

Finish: hair brushed in anodized plating, in black and natural finish
net weight: 2.84 kgs

Shipped with following parts;
- 1 pc of ST/SM Swiss Schurter male Power socket
- 1pc of BSFH-rh American BUSS fuse socket
- 1pc of SCH1552-16A Schurter rock switch

Funny, I was just looking at this enclosure just the other day. What I find strange is the weight doesnt seem to match up with the material thicknesses.

That's strange. I just added up the material volumes, and assuming that the face plate is 15.5 cm wide and that aluminum weighs 2.7 grams per cubic centimetre, I get 2.872 kg. Subtract a few grams for the cutouts, and you will be very close to the claimed 2.84 kg. This seems like a rather substantial enclosure with 12 mm side and rear walls.

Could be useful to know the interior measurements, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.