Hypex Ncore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it a good Idea to use a single PSU for 4 NC400 Modules?

For Biamping a high efficiency Speaker. The "power hungry" Bass Module plays without restrictions with 12 Watt RMS amp too. The rest of the system is 96 dB/W/m efficient. So I think one power supply should deliver all needed current.

Any thoughts?

How about mixing UCD and NCORE modules with the same switching PSU?
Or stay only with NCORE - for the bass too?

Is it a good Idea to use a single PSU for 4 NC400 Modules?

For Biamping a high efficiency Speaker. The "power hungry" Bass Module plays without restrictions with 12 Watt RMS amp too. The rest of the system is 96 dB/W/m efficient. So I think one power supply should deliver all needed current.

Any thoughts?

How about mixing UCD and NCORE modules with the same switching PSU?
Or stay only with NCORE - for the bass too?

Bruno does not see any advantage in using ncore for bass duties.

Can you use a single SMPS600 for four NC400s? It gets expensive with one amp per driver in a three way system, but the total power for mids and highs is not that much so I want to share the PS this time, especially since I understand the NC400 is not sensitive to the associated fluctuations.

Also what is the voltage required for the transformer?

I am not ready to upgrade my 6 monoblock channels of UcD but would like to start thinking about it. The question is should I replace the four amps for mids and highs, or can I get good results by replacing only two?

Bruno indicates that replacing UcD400 by NC400 would not bring much value for the woofer channels, but if I had to choose between the mids or highs it is not clear to me which to choose, knowing that the other would continue to use UcD180HG with HxR regulators.

Guy

Supply voltage: up to +/-72VDC. The SMPS puts out 64. While we wait for the data sheet (that is, you wait and I write), the connectors are Molex Microfit. The modules ship with a cable with one of these connectors at the end (bare wires at the other), the SMPS ships with another cable with 2 of them so you can just plug them straight together.

I have the same question as my power supply was made to run with UCD 400 and has a 40V trafo etc.

UCD400 power suppy is specified to be between 45 and 67 volt, and I think that specifications for the Ncore400 will not be very different, but Bruno might confirm (see it specified +/- 72V in the meantime...).
Your 40/40V transformer would give some +/- 52 V power supply voltage, and that should work well (only at the cost of some unnecessary output power).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.