Hypex Ncore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys,

A sneak peak of my chassis design currently in production. Got most of the internal metal parts back from production today. The remainder will arrive mid to end next week. Dimensions (excluding feet): 110 (diameter) x 345mm. Basically a monoblock design based on SMPS600 & NC400. Only visible screws are the 4x on the backplate. Current backplate cutout based on the speaker terminals in Hypex's webshop, Neutrik XLR & Schaffner power entry module (EMI filter + switch). Very flexible in terms of the connectors - current cost of the backplate a mere ZAR10 (EUR1), so can easily be adapted.

Anyway. Only problem at this stage is cost for reasons that will become apparent on the first photos of the chassis. There is however a way to bring that down even without volumes. Any input welcome.

Attachments

• Front.png
    Front.png
    12.7 KB · Views: 916
  • Back.png
    Back.png
    16 KB · Views: 888
I was already thinking about bolting two cylindrical sections to eachother for an oem project. I figured the styling might be too extreme to appeal to the masses. I'll have think and draw a few options.

I'll see how to include multiple neutrik cutouts to gain some flexibility.

Looking forward to seeing the options you'll come up with.
To be honest I have yet to see a Hexateq case that I don't like but I really hope we get enough numbers to make this a viable option. ;)

Bruno/JP, any possibility you could email those first batch of nCore 400 customers and politely ask them if they would be so kind to post their listening observations to this forum? Obviously they are not obligated, but as first adopters their feedback would be greatly appreciated by the rest of the DIY world. Generally, first adopters like to do this. Thanks.

Working on it! :)

Would love to post listening impressions, but right now my lab table setup doesn't quite do justice to the nCore (testing with an old car speaker in case I blow up the speaker).

I am waiting for the next batch of nCores to be able to properly multiamp my speakers, so until then it will just be technical testing and working out the casing and cabling...

Btw Bruno,

Do you have any approximate ETA of when say the AS2.100 will be upgraded with the NCoreish upgrades and available in the webshop, and will It somehow be visible on the unit if it has the upgrades or not?

// Olle

We do not have plans to upgrade the AS2.100 or the PSC2.400 with the NCORE Class D technology. Only the NC400 is our flagship product....:cool:

Last edited:
Btw Bruno,

Do you have any approximate ETA of when say the AS2.100 will be upgraded with the NCoreish upgrades and available in the webshop, and will It somehow be visible on the unit if it has the upgrades or not?

// Olle

Forgot one question: And in the case when the UCD HG models are upgraded, will the opamp buffer be "upgraded" to the discrete circuitry that the NCore has?

Status
Not open for further replies.