Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Hypex Ncore
Hypex Ncore
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2013, 06:10 PM   #6411
Julf is offline Julf  Europe
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajapruk View Post
You dont know until you try, and then please tell us your experience!
Well, even if you try, unless you do it under proper, controlled conditions, you won't actually know.
 
Old 20th February 2013, 06:11 PM   #6412
Julf is offline Julf  Europe
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajapruk View Post
Maybe. Maybe not.
Please tell us more
 
Old 20th February 2013, 06:16 PM   #6413
Julf is offline Julf  Europe
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julf
Was that a level-matched, controlled dual-blind ABX comparison?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajapruk View Post
No.
Fair enough, but in that case I think it would be fair to qualify any recommendations with "this is based on personal, subjective and unverified impressions. Your mileage might vary".
 
Old 20th February 2013, 06:35 PM   #6414
Rajapruk is offline Rajapruk  Sweden
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Gothenburg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julf View Post
Fair enough, but in that case I think it would be fair to qualify any recommendations with "this is based on personal, subjective and unverified impressions. Your mileage might vary".
Did I post recommendations? I did not know that, and it was not my intention.
 
Old 20th February 2013, 06:41 PM   #6415
Julf is offline Julf  Europe
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajapruk View Post
Did I post recommendations? I did not know that, and it was not my intention.
You are right - I was probably too hast in reading your comment "We have compared my bridge ones against my friends standard build. He is now going bridged as well." as a recommendation. My apologies.
 
Old 20th February 2013, 06:41 PM   #6416
Rajapruk is offline Rajapruk  Sweden
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Gothenburg
My friend was pretty sure beforehand that bridging would not be worth it. That was what his theoretical knowledge told him. Then he experienced the opposite when we tested it. He was surprised.
 
Old 20th February 2013, 06:46 PM   #6417
Julf is offline Julf  Europe
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajapruk View Post
My friend was pretty sure beforehand that bridging would not be worth it. That was what his theoretical knowledge told him. Then he experienced the opposite when we tested it. He was surprised.
Sure, but is there a possibility that the bridged version was louder? In a blind listening test I did, people preferred a lower bitrate, lesser bit depth sample just because it was 1 dB louder than the others.
 
Old 20th February 2013, 06:49 PM   #6418
Rajapruk is offline Rajapruk  Sweden
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Gothenburg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julf View Post
Sure, but is there a possibility that the bridged version was louder? In a blind listening test I did, people preferred a lower bitrate, lesser bit depth sample just because it was 1 dB louder than the others.
Yes, off course. I think you made your point absurdely clear by now
 
Old 20th February 2013, 07:10 PM   #6419
Juhleren is offline Juhleren  Denmark
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julf View Post
Sure, but is there a possibility that the bridged version was louder? In a blind listening test I did, people preferred a lower bitrate, lesser bit depth sample just because it was 1 dB louder than the others.
How is the above anymore factual than: "we compared my A and his B - then he also did A"?

Julf, I think it is better that you assume all reported listening impressions to be "subjective truths" unless otherwise stated and stop endlessly asking the same question...

If anything else is stated THEN caution is advised

cheers,

Last edited by Juhleren; 20th February 2013 at 07:13 PM.
 
Old 20th February 2013, 07:22 PM   #6420
Julf is offline Julf  Europe
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juhleren View Post
How is the above anymore factual than: "we compared my A and his B - then he also did A"?
Maybe not more factual, but definitely more objective and reproducible.

Quote:
Julf, I think it is better that you assume all reported listening impressions to be "subjective truths" unless otherwise stated and stop endlessly asking the same question...
Sure - point taken. Just hoping we could finally have some actual facts instead of opinions...
 

Closed Thread


Hypex NcoreHide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hypex Ncore vs. NAKSA AlliumPorrum Class D 1 26th May 2015 06:36 PM
Problem with Hypex Ncore Koifarm Class D 29 13th October 2014 06:32 AM
Any news on hypex ncore 2.0? JZatopa Class D 1 13th August 2013 10:30 AM
Hypex UcD700 vs NCore Earbound Class D 25 15th March 2013 04:10 PM
Building a Hypex Ncore... Jabbejokker Class D 0 7th March 2013 09:08 PM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 05:44 PM.


Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Resources saved on this page: MySQL 15.00%
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©1999-2017 diyAudio
Wiki