Hypex Ncore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Richard do you guys at Hexateq have an Ncore amp in the works like the Premium 1.0 ? I sure like the form-factor and look of the Premium 1.0 enclosure. Much nicer looking than the Channel Islands Audio Hypex amps. It would be really interesting to take Bruno's round PCB design and incorporate cylinder/circular motif design in the chassis.

Last edited:
@cOz: just don't run the DC and AC power straight over the ends of the signal cable (where it stops being a twisted pair) and make sure to twist the speaker wires. Otherwise positioning is very uncritical.

Regarding the quality of the op amp supplies, the regulators on board the NC400 are the same circuit as the HxR regulator plugins (http://www.hypex.nl/docs/HxR12_datasheet.pdf). The relevant graph is the first of page 2. The PSRR of the op amps is of the same order.

Last edited:
Richard do you guys at Hexateq have an Ncore amp in the works like the Premium 1.0 ? I sure like the form-factor and look of the Premium 1.0 enclosure. Much nicer looking than the Channel Islands Audio Hypex amps. It would be really interesting to take Bruno's round PCB design and incorporate cylinder/circular motif design in the chassis.

I like the window Bruno suggested as well. Enclosure will be slim anyway to reduce waste and cutting times.

I am more into a full width or close to full width case. This allow for more than one channel in one enclosure, and for other power supplies than the hypex SMPS. Personally I have a thing for big heavy trafos, so it might be difficult to make room for that and at the same time make something small and nimble :)

As I am considering my PS approach for a ncore build, i am very interested hear from anyone who have experiences with linear supplies vs switch mode supplies for power amps. Hopefully someone has experimented with both for UCD´s and have some qualified impressions on the experienced differences in sound?

cheers,

Hello,
I have just registered here because I follow this Ncore product line since it's been announced. Now, I'm a total "end customer". I don't think I could find the time and also I lack the knowledge to build my own amp.
I have a simple question: I have power hungry speakers. I would need three NC1200 based amps for my fronts. What company is currently developing amps based on these moduls? Also, for a reasonable price please. These Hexateq amps for example look nice, but the price is just brutal. As far as I understand, companies are currently testing the NC1200 and will bring amps to market? Is there a with manufacturers? Will Hypex also offer NC1200 based amps like they have with the other moduls (in the shop under complete products)?

The companies who are developing NC1200 based products prefer to keep their projects under wraps because announcing new products before they're ready hurts the sales of their current line. I do believe the first NC1200 product will be shown at the CES.

I understand. Hopefully once products arrive there will be a list? Just think of IcePower, there are products, but it's not like they announce what's inside on the box. Examples are Pioneer Receivers and Rotel Amps.
Hopefully Hypex will create "complete products" for their webshop.

I understand. Hopefully once products arrive there will be a list? Just think of IcePower, there are products, but it's not like they announce what's inside on the box. Examples are Pioneer Receivers and Rotel Amps.
Hopefully Hypex will create "complete products" for their webshop.
Hypex have stated (in this thread) that they don't want their manufacturing customers to feel that they are in competition with Hypex themselves, and therefore that the only ncore module to be available directly to end users/consumers will be the ncore400

So I would interpret that as
- no, the ncore1200 will not be available directly from hypex
- no, hypex will not be directly selling ncore1200 'complete' amps
and therefore anything incorporating the nc1200 will:
- not come directly from hypex
- have a higher materials cost, on the assumption that the raw costs for nc1200 are higher than nc400
- have appropriate/additional margins (cost) to allow for manufacturers, distributors and dealers to make their own profits

ie. they won't be cheap
cheap(er) means using the ucd modules

ps. hexateq needs to cover the manufacturing costs (and associated margins) for premium quality cases

and of course I don't know what hypex will or won't do, but I don't see any other way of interpreting what they've said so far

Attachments

• Hypex ncore_rev5c_front_2.jpg
    Hypex ncore_rev5c_front_2.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 806
  • Hypex ncore_rev5c_back_2.jpg
    Hypex ncore_rev5c_back_2.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 775
  • Hypex ncore_rev5c_iso.jpg
    Hypex ncore_rev5c_iso.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 757
  • Hypex ncore_rev5c_back_iso.jpg
    Hypex ncore_rev5c_back_iso.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 757
  • Hypex ncore_rev5c_side.jpg
    Hypex ncore_rev5c_side.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 737
  • Hypex ncore_rev5c_top.jpg
    Hypex ncore_rev5c_top.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 158
Say I want to stick the SMPS600 in a low profile enclosure (47mm, the HFX case), I'll need to use 5mm spacers to mount the board and in addition will need to stick isolation to the case, top and bottom.

Any hints what to use here? Been looking through the RS catalog but couldn;t find anything useful really. Preferably self-adhesive and long high temperature rating?

Here is something for you :)

Thanks CaféNoir,
It looks great and is definitely more to my liking, especially if it is cheaper than the mono enclosures too (two of them, I mean :))

I am wonder how much more the start up costs would be for a production based on "mold to shape" aluminum chassis compared to the mill´ed out of a aluminum block approach... If there is enough market potential in the über-DIY-HIFI enclosure product (which could be used for other things than just amps), a molding approach should be covered rather fast.

cheers,

Status
Not open for further replies.