Hypex Ncore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah....now I understand....:D

If that's not enough Daniel has a pretty comprehensive datasheet for the predecessor of the OP2-BP.

http://www.weiss.ch/files/downloads/op1-bp/OP1-BP-Datasheet-R1.pdf

And the OP2 has been improved further. In Daniel's words:

The improvements of the OP2-BP over the OP1-BP are:

- Emitter follower to drive bootstrapped cascode of input differential pair omitted; instead current source with emitter-referenced used.
- Trim range of DC offset adjustment reduced; drift improved by use of precision resistors in the active load.
- Improved bias line (frontend, output stage).
- Use of 68 pF capacitors instead of 47 pF for emitter follower feed-forward.
- Improved thermal coupling of output stage transistors by use of a common heatsink for all four emitter follower transistors.
- Use of SMD parts for the power transistors.
- RLC decoupling for frontend to improve PSRR.
- Differential decoupling capacitor for output stage to reduce harmonic distortion content in supply current.

If that's not enough Daniel has a pretty comprehensive datasheet for the predecessor of the OP2-BP.

http://www.weiss.ch/files/downloads/op1-bp/OP1-BP-Datasheet-R1.pdf

And the OP2 has been improved further. In Daniel's words:

The improvements of the OP2-BP over the OP1-BP are:

- Emitter follower to drive bootstrapped cascode of input differential pair omitted; instead current source with emitter-referenced used.
- Trim range of DC offset adjustment reduced; drift improved by use of precision resistors in the active load.
- Improved bias line (frontend, output stage).
- Use of 68 pF capacitors instead of 47 pF for emitter follower feed-forward.
- Improved thermal coupling of output stage transistors by use of a common heatsink for all four emitter follower transistors.
- Use of SMD parts for the power transistors.
- RLC decoupling for frontend to improve PSRR.
- Differential decoupling capacitor for output stage to reduce harmonic distortion content in supply current.

Oh now I am convinced.....yes it must be better :)

..... Could it be possible that the tone that's set when anything interesting is mentioned in this thread, is the reason the contributions have slimmed down to nothing?

The point is how interesting it is.
By mere coming up with another high tech discrete op amp, and so called super power supplies (by the way almost 1 mV ripple is nothing special...) I am not yet convinced.
I understand that there is some competition going on on how to "improve" NC500 based amplifiers by tossing around with input stages which has to be discrete :rolleyes: but it remains to be seen if it all leads to a better sounding amplifier. It's a very commercial affair.

Status
Not open for further replies.