Hypex Ncore

Status
Not open for further replies.
hypex ncore

The most interesting time on the Hypex Ncore thread and everything goes completely dead. This is odd.

We have Hypex release a new fully turnkey unassembled NC400 monoblock kit, case and all, and we hear no comment.

And we have Boggit going to offer turnkey monoblocks with the NC500 amps, and customizable input buffers.

35 Euro difference in cost between the 2. I wonder who is going to buy what? This will be interesting.

So after a very stressful week building amps for customers and I had to work this weekend. I passed on a party as to exhausted. I finally found time to try the input buffer. So very brief thoughts (fits perfectly very quick to change apart from the faston speakers connection which are very tight.) Both the Burson and the Sparkos added a richness and texture to the sound. The standard sound is very clean and accurate. I wanted to like the Burson more, nicer packaging and website. But the Sparkos won on my brief and initial listening.

I believe Boggit is going to blindfold himself after he puts the the op amp in and then turn round 2 times.

It is good to be self-sufficient, but in some situations it can help to ask a neighbour, friend or colleague to come around. Of course, the difference will always be enough to get your spouse/partner to exclaim "wow, what have you done to the music?" :)

Are yes I intend to hold some listening sessions, I know a music producer who lives just around the corner and a lecturer in music production yes you can get a degree in it! Whilst the difference is not night and day it adds some body and soul! I really don't want to go into to the usual prattle of reviewers I think it comes down to what you enjoy. Though I will have to spend some time trying to accurately describe the characteristics in order for customers to choose the correct Op Amps for there preferences.
I had a friend come round this week and I played him the Hypex and the Abrahamsen he commented on the fast that the Abrahamsen was more natural. The Hypex is very accurate and revealing not to mention powerful you could actually feel a breeze from the speakers, he wanted some drum and bass stuff!
Any way I'm awaiting the final files to come over and will be ordering a 150 boards!

Are yes I intend to hold some listening sessions, I know a music producer who lives just around the corner and a lecturer in music production yes you can get a degree in it! Whilst the difference is not night and day it adds some body and soul! I really don't want to go into to the usual prattle of reviewers I think it comes down to what you enjoy. Though I will have to spend some time trying to accurately describe the characteristics in order for customers to choose the correct Op Amps for there preferences.
I had a friend come round this week and I played him the Hypex and the Abrahamsen he commented on the fast that the Abrahamsen was more natural. The Hypex is very accurate and revealing not to mention powerful you could actually feel a breeze from the speakers, he wanted some drum and bass stuff!

If you go through all that effort, it probably wouldn't be too much harder to have an assistant (or you) do the switching in a way that the person doing the listening can't see which one is being selected (and can't see the person doing the switching - humans are amazingly good at detecting cues, without even being aware of it)?

Status
Not open for further replies.