Hypex Ncore

Status
Not open for further replies.
No you need to solder on a S08 to dip 8 adapter, then plug it into the adapter.

You can use any one you want. As long as it's a dual.

OK so just want to make sure I have this 100% right.
Unsolder the LM4562
Solder in the SO8 to DIP8 Adapter
Push fit the Burson into place.

I notice that Burson sell 2 models V4 and V5 is there anything in them which sounds best. Also looking at the Burson website I believe the Burson is complete with the adapter am I right.

One further thing what is a Hot Air Rework Station I have looked on the net and most people seem to desolder with a sucker and standard iron.

OK so just want to make sure I have this 100% right.
Unsolder the LM4562
Solder in the SO8 to DIP8 Adapter
Push fit the Burson into place.

I notice that Burson sell 2 models V4 and V5 is there anything in them which sounds best. Also looking at the Burson website I believe the Burson is complete with the adapter am I right.

One further thing what is a Hot Air Rework Station I have looked on the net and most people seem to desolder with a sucker and standard iron.

It's a delicate procedure swapping the opamp with the adapter. If you think it can be done with a iron, you better take it to someone who has more experience. Or your gonna end up wrecking the board.

Also clearance is tight. So better use the right adapter.

As for sound, they all sound different. I only tried the older V3.

I also swapped the voltage regs to the much better HxR's.

hypex ncore

Thanks for that. Not having the luxury of inspecting the board, can you just solder these (pin through hole) quite easily?

The regs are thru hole. But the opamps are SMD. There's also tight clearances between vital components. But nothing any true DIYer can't handle. If not, just buy the NC400, or one of the commercial NC500 implementations as is.

You have a photo, parts list, and verification it can be done. Much more than I had before tackling this mod. Fellow DIYer's can take it from here. :)

I'm out on further comments regarding this mod.

The regs are thru hole. But the opamps are SMD. There's also tight clearances between vital components. But nothing any true DIYer can't handle. If not, just buy the NC400, or one of the commercial NC500 implementations as is.

You have a photo, parts list, and verification it can be done. Much more than I had before tackling this mod. Fellow DIYer's can take it from here. :)

I'm out on further comments regarding this mod.

Bavmike please dont stop posting and thanks for all your help

I would like a meter or display showing input-level and if the ncore clips.
To easier have control of that the gain-structure is good.
Anyone did something like that?
Maybe it could be a suggestion to hypex as a new feature in later versions?
Also possibility to have a gain adjustemen knob would be nice, instead of smd-soldering...

I would like a meter or display showing input-level and if the ncore clips.

That is of course easy to add,as it doesn't need to be ncore-specific in any way. The net is full of suitable DIY projects.

Also possibility to have a gain adjustemen knob would be nice, instead of smd-soldering...

That is much harder, as the resistors that control gain are directly in the feedback path, so very sensitive to noise and non-linearity.

Status
Not open for further replies.